The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Okay, so Wenjun and Qian agreed to a draw. Also, Harika and Zhao had a draw earlier. In tomorrow's second game, former champion Stefanova has to win w/ the white pieces against Marie Sebag in order to remain in the tournament, while the other three matches ended in draw today, so we'll see what happensWink Fun stuff!

I don't think Yifan competing for the 2013 title is anything to do with her being the former champ, but that she won the FIDE Grand Prix.

Humpy I guess because she was the previous person to challenge for the title, but I don't know.

THETUBESTER wrote:

So Scott, the women don't have this? This tournament decides who the champion is?  And then the new champion has to rematch the former champ next year?  And if the current champ ( Hou ) had won this tournament, she would have had to play Humpy next year?  Why Humpy?  Confusing stuff.  Wonder why it isn't set up like the men's dealio.

I make the same mistake, but it isn't the men's candidate's tournament, but an open candidate's tournament which happened to have all men. The women's world championship tournament is an exclusive, gender-based tournament. Both tournaments are actually experiments in trying to get more of an audience for chess, as far as I understand it. In 2014, we could see a completely different format for both events.Wink

Open tournament, mens tournament.

Tomáto, tomato Wink

(Sorry Judit)

Here's a horrifying little tidbit: Marie Sebag was in the French version of reality television's "Big Brother", called "Secret Story"! 

http://www.chessblog.com/2012/05/marie-sebag-takes-chess-secret-to.html

(I blame pdela for this)

Scottrf wrote:

Open tournament, mens tournament.

Tomáto, tomato

(Sorry Judit)

Archaic thoughts are also welcome(for amusement)Laughing

it's a great system, we know the men's event gives us a final with dudes many years past their sell-by date.

It's not a men's tournament.

true! they're more kiddies

hehehehe, the only running horse is mine

pdela wrote:

hehehehe, the only running horse is mine

Pdela! Barcelona against Spartak Moscow in two hours!!!

Is that the Barcelona that lost to Celtic?

Spaaaaaaarrrrtaaaa!!!!

sorry, i mean Baaaaaarrrrrrcaaaa!!!!!!

Scottrf escribió:

It is the time who has played 16 matches this season with a record of 14W-1D-1L, which is the record of the team you support?

Scottrf wrote:

You mean the one that tied Celtic in their two gamesWink

No professional team should even lose one game to Celtic.

And is also the team which holds....

World

Year with most official titles: 2009, with 6: Copa del Rey, Liga, Champions League, Spanish Supercup, European Supercup and Clubs World Cup.

European

►Only team to have played in every season of European competitions since they started in 1955.

► Team with most European trophies: 15 (4 Champions Leauges, 4 European Cup-Winners Cups, 3 Fairs Cup and 4 European Super Cups)

►Team with most European Cup Winners Cups: 4 (1979, 1982, 1989, 1997).

►Team with most Fairs Cups: 3 (1958, 1960 and 1966). Also won super final in 1971 to decide trophy outright.

►Team that have played most European finals: 17 (7 in European Cup / Champions League, 6 in Cup Winners Cup and 4 in Fairs Cup).

►Team with most European Cup-League doubles: 4 (1992, 2006, 2009 and 2011).

►Team with the most consecutive international games played scoring goals: 33 consecutive matches from November 24, 2009 until March 7, 2012).

►Team with the most consecutive Champions League games played scoring goals: 29 consecutive matches from November 24, 2009 until March 7, 2012).

And the team with the greatest player ever!

Scottrf escribió:

No professional team should even lose one game to Celtic.

tell mean which team you support, are there no balls? is it England national selection?

When did Ronaldo sign for Barca?

or Join

Online Now