x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Benkobaby wrote:

They don't use pillows in red states Lisa ... they use cushions.

Laughing

electricpawn wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    electricpawn wrote:

Gotta love that pdella fella - not! And what's this about 1+1?

As a fellow American, I'll let you in on the red conspiracy to overtake America's "freedoms" by making logic suspicious!

Too late. Reasonable assumptions are already suspicious!

Yes, what a joy it is to be criticized for thinking something's wrong with this countryLaughing

trysts wrote:
    electricpawn wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    electricpawn wrote:

As a fellow American, I'll let you in on the red conspiracy to overtake America's "freedoms" by making logic suspicious!

Yes, what a joy it is to be criticized for thinking something's wrong with this country

I thought I was agreeingTongue Out

electricpawn wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    electricpawn wrote:
    trysts wrote:
    electricpawn wrote:

Yes, what a joy it is to be criticized for thinking something's wrong with this country

I thought I was agreeing

Yes, I thought you were as wellSmile

@LisaV smothered mate hahahahahahaha

Draw in game one of the tie-break. Ushenina had a considerable time advantage for much of the game, but it evened out toward the end. Came down to a 2 bishops and pawns/player endgame that went on for quite a few moves. I doubt Stefanova was happy with a draw with White. Next game has already started.

Anna has an easy endgame to become Women's World Champion.

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

Quasimorphy wrote:

And Ushenina does win. New Women's World Champion Anna Ushenina. Not a bad result for the #30 seed.

Damn it! that means the pretty one lost, yeah?

Yeah.

Anna still wearing the same red jumper. I wonder if it ever gets washed.

Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

Thats how i get washed

She wore something else for yesterday's game. There was some study done that showed that wearing red actually gives a person an edge in sports. Don't know if that holds for chess though.

With a rheindeer on the front..

very good trysts is not here to tell us who the champion is

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

Doggy_Style escribió:
    Scottrf wrote:

Yeah.

I'm betting that it gets washed every night, in the sink with a handful of Persil. Nothing's too good for these leviathans of chess.

not, imagine you wash and you start to lose, are you mad or what happens?

Scottrf escribió:

I don't wanna be too harsh on her because she seems nice, but frankly she is useless.

funny thing is that he hadn't slept some nights to watch the matchs and the day of the resolution it seems she is sleeping it off

Ushenina is most probably the weakest WC ever.

That said, she fully deserved it: She played at her limits, and with a little help from her opponents, and a bit of luck, she is now crowned.

I do not think she has the slightest of chances in a match against Hou next year- but hey, she has already registered herself as a WC, which is terrific.

Ushenina now automatically has the GM title bestowed upon her.

The requirements for becoming a Grandmaster are somewhat complex. A player must have attained an Elo rating of at least 2500 (although they need not maintain this level to obtain or keep the title). In addition, at least two favorable results (called norms) from a total of at least 27 games in tournaments involving other Grandmasters, including some from countries other than the applicant's, are usually required before FIDE will confer the title on a player. There are other milestones a player can achieve to get the title, such as winning the Women's World Championship, the World Junior Championship, or the World Senior Championship. Current regulations can be found in the FIDE Handbook.

(Wikipedia)

Online Now