The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Apparently the move that loses the above game is 22...Qc8, when Houdini gives the best move as 22....Ka7.

Cramling-Krush was quite a game, however Irina Krush does seem to be off to a bit of a slow start.   

How's Irina's second game going?

ozzie_c_cobblepot wrote:

How's Irina's second game going?

This is a good question for tomorrow.

Thank you Mr Fren.

It's a shame we have to wait that long to see how Irina's second game is goingFrown

Is it tomorrow yet (in comparison with where the tournament is located)? 

I think it is.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20121115T18&p1=234&p2=2340&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&p8=&p9=&p10=&p11=&p12=

What in the world are all those cgi vars? Starting with the well-named p1, and continuing on through p2, p3, p4, and all the way to p12. No wonder they devoted an entire lecture in 6.033 to Naming.

I await an interpretation of the penguin.Laughing

( Trysts )   Totally unrelated ... Yet still a friend and old admirer... Xapper says hi... and he is glad to see you, back on the Interweb!   You go girl!

Krush-Cramling playing coffee chess again :)

hahah Hou Yifan is lost

29. Qxb8 just looked ridiculous to me?

Wow, thanks for the game Scottrf. Pretty shocking result. So Humpy is out, and Hou and Anna Muzychuk are going to have to play tie-breakers to stay in the tournament!. There is a clause I believe, where if Yifan Hou is not the winner of this tournament, she will automatically get to play the winner in a match for the WWCC.

Houdini evaluates Pogonina's position as +1.07, against Kosteniuk!

Crush is trying to win an equal position. Highly unlikely, Cramling is very experienced.

trysts wrote:

Houdini evaluates Pogonina's position as +1.07, against Kosteniuk!

Still looks a tough slog to win.

Scottrf wrote:

29. Qxb8 just looked ridiculous to me?

other moves would have been worse ... 28.Bd4 was a blunder (allowing some nice black combinations with the pawn on d3) but she was going downhill after the "obvious" 21.Rc7 ?

or Join

Online Now