Forums

The Women's World Chess Championship of 2012

Sort:
cabadenwurt

Cramling-Krush was quite a game, however Irina Krush does seem to be off to a bit of a slow start.   

ozzie_c_cobblepot

How's Irina's second game going?

ozzie_c_cobblepot

Thank you Mr Fren.

trysts

It's a shame we have to wait that long to see how Irina's second game is goingFrown

corrijean

Is it tomorrow yet (in comparison with where the tournament is located)? 

I think it is.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?iso=20121115T18&p1=234&p2=2340&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=&p7=&p8=&p9=&p10=&p11=&p12=

ozzie_c_cobblepot

What in the world are all those cgi vars? Starting with the well-named p1, and continuing on through p2, p3, p4, and all the way to p12. No wonder they devoted an entire lecture in 6.033 to Naming.

trysts

I await an interpretation of the penguin.Laughing

Chicky_Chicky

( Trysts )   Totally unrelated ... Yet still a friend and old admirer... Xapper says hi... and he is glad to see you, back on the Interweb!   You go girl!

pdela

Krush-Cramling playing coffee chess again :)

pdela

hahah Hou Yifan is lost

Scottrf

29. Qxb8 just looked ridiculous to me?

Scottrf
trysts

Wow, thanks for the game Scottrf. Pretty shocking result. So Humpy is out, and Hou and Anna Muzychuk are going to have to play tie-breakers to stay in the tournament!. There is a clause I believe, where if Yifan Hou is not the winner of this tournament, she will automatically get to play the winner in a match for the WWCC.

trysts

Houdini evaluates Pogonina's position as +1.07, against Kosteniuk!

Scottrf
trysts wrote:

Houdini evaluates Pogonina's position as +1.07, against Kosteniuk!

Still looks a tough slog to win.

CalamityChristie
Scottrf wrote:

other moves would have been worse ... 28.Bd4 was a blunder (allowing some nice black combinations with the pawn on d3) but she was going downhill after the "obvious" 21.Rc7 ?

Scottrf
CalamityChristie wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

other moves would have been worse ... 28.Bd4 was a blunder (allowing some nice black combinations with the pawn on d3) but she was going downhill after the "obvious" 21.Rc7 ?

Yeah thought that might be the case after looking for a bit longer, black was getting quite a bit of pressure with the 2 bishops and the rook on the b file.

What is the move if 29. Qc3? d2 maybe?

CalamityChristie

white can play Nb2 then i think, but black has the trade on d4 followed by a bishop sac when the pawn is motoring

trysts

Kateryn Lahno and Nadezhda Kosinsteva also go to tie breaks tomorrow. So, of the top five seeded players, four go to tie-breaks, and one is out! 

Edit: Lahno lost!

trysts

Oops! Add Zhao Xue also goes to tie-breaks tomorrow.She is the number four seedWink