Tickets to World Chess Championship 2018

notmtwain

https://worldchess.com/paygate

The site has been updated to allow chess fans to send in their money.

null

macer75
notmtwain wrote:

https://worldchess.com/paygate

The site has been updated to allow chess fans to send in their money.

Is the guy on the right supposed to be Caruana? Honestly, I looked at the poster, and for a few seconds I forgot who the challenger was.

ChrisWainscott
They don’t even have a venue yet, lol
macer75
ChrisWainscott wrote:
They don’t even have a venue yet, lol

It's in London, right? I think Stamford Bridge would be a good venue.

ChrisWainscott
London is the current location.
KonradusKonradi
ChrisWainscott napisał:
London is the current location.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London,_Kiribati Do I take it right? If so, I am afraid, it seems that they (once again) try to avoid some tax payment wink.png

Miktar
[COMMENT DELETED]
Miktar

Whats going on with the tickets? still not available ? greets

NelsonMoore

I seem to recall going to that site to sign up for it long ago but haven't heard anything yet.

I live in London and it will be great to go to a world final.

However I guess most of the interesting activity will happen in a back room where there will be experts giving analysis. I think Bobby Fischer was right in that regard - the players should be in a quiet area with no disturbances and the moves relayed to another room where there can be commentators discussing the game. Probably the technology wasn't there to the same extent in 1972 as it is now. He was originally told it would be but it turned out not to be. Still not an excuse for Bxh2.

cash1981

It says: 

Unfortunately registration for the FIDE World Chess Championship 9-28 November 2018 has now closed. 

For more information on tickets please visit www.ticketmaster.co.uk 

However I cannot find anything on ticketmaster

pa5tabear

So are tickets sold out already? 

It says they were on sale back in January? But that doesn't seem totally right?

And if they are sold out, anyone have suggestions on clubs to go to in Europe to watch from?

notmtwain
pa5tabear wrote:

And if they are sold out, anyone have suggestions on clubs to go to in Europe to watch from?

They haven't gone on sale yet. What you saw pertained to the candidates matches.

macer75
notmtwain wrote:
pa5tabear wrote:

They haven't gone on sale yet. What you saw pertained to the candidates matches.

It's a bit early for the tickets to the Candidates' Match to be sold out...

drdubius

last I heard they hadn't picked a site, so fun guessing which hotel to book

lazzak

The ticketing is a joke - they were advertising tickets going on sale in January, and still nothing - I registered back then, and there has not been a single update provided during this time. Shambles

macer75
lazzak wrote:

The ticketing is a joke - they were advertising tickets going on sale in January, and still nothing - I registered back then, and there has not been a single update provided during this time. Shambles

Yeah... we should all boycott the event!

TheDoctor

I'm not sure there is an 'event' to 'boycott'.

macer75
TheDoctor wrote:

I'm not sure there is an 'event' to 'boycott'.

Then we should create one, and then boycott it!