Tickets to World Chess Championship 2018

IpswichMatt
TheDoctor wrote:

I have paid for tickets for 2 of the days weeks ago but have received a message that they are not yet ready for printing. The whole thing feels like a scam. They've got my money; I've got nothing! Beware!!

I've just bought a ticket for day 9 (most of the others seem to be sold out) through ticketmaster. It said the option to print the ticket myself wasn't ready yet or something so I paid the extra £2.95 for them to post them to me.

I doubt if it's a scam if you're going through ticketmaster

IpswichMatt

Anyone know if we'll be allowed to bring mobile phones into the venue?

fgoulbourn

i'm looking for a single ticket for the Friday 16th afternoon session or the Sunday 18th if anyone has a spare available - i'm in London so can collect - any idea of any resale sites as Ticketmaster is showing as sold out

Da_Ni2010

I bought 3 ViP tickets 500 each for day2. I also still cannot print any tickets. Hope its still fine with the event. But I read that its normal to have some delays with ticket printing...

Pegglarr

Is the £120 for a General Admission ticket some kind of joke?! cry.png

niking91

Do you think they'll be selling more tickets? I'm looking at rounds 5-7, but they are sold out... sad.png

IpswichMatt
Pegglarr wrote:

Is the £120 for a General Admission ticket some kind of joke?! 

Are you sure that's not for 2 tickets? The ticketmaster thing defaults to 2 tickets, not realising that no-one's partner is going to want to come.

Pegglarr
IpswichMatt wrote:
Pegglarr wrote:

Is the £120 for a General Admission ticket some kind of joke?! 

Are you sure that's not for 2 tickets? The ticketmaster thing defaults to 2 tickets, not realising that no-one's partner is going to want to come.

Hahahaha! No, it's definitely for one... I'm looking at going on Day 1.

Probably been decent demand so they think they can charge such ludicrous prices...

Da_Ni2010

Thats normal pricing for London. Check tickets from Musicals...

IpswichMatt

I bought a ticket for £60 a few days ago, that's why I thought maybe it was charging for 2 tickets

Icouldabeenachampion

You have to buy tickets to watch chess ….. I am stunned !

IpswichMatt

Has anyone received their tickets yet?

uk66fastback

Paid £45 each for two tickets back in August - day five so after the initial draws wink.png

Not ready to print yet at Ticketmaster ... looking forward to it.

PhilSim
The tickets to visit are so expensive. Up to $130!!! Just watch from home