Forums

Tourney Rating Caps?

Sort:
b2solo

Greetings,

How and why are chaps with 300 more points above the rating ceiling allowed to enter tourneys? I am not complaining; just curious.

cheers, 

TadDude
b2solo wrote:

Greetings,

How and why are chaps with 300 more points above the rating ceiling allowed to enter tourneys? I am not complaining; just curious.

cheers, 

Very likely they were within the limits when they registered. In extremely rare cases the TD will enter then drop the limit well below his own rating.

In member created tournaments there is no automatic removal.

************ Advertising ************

http://www.chess.com/groups/home/online-tournaments-information-store

Dark--Horse

if your talking about live tournaments then sometimes the rating restricted sections get merged with the open if there aren't enough players.

b2solo

Yes, good answers ... and the expected answers... but I politely disagree ... some chaps entered when they were clearly over the limit rating...

And with several hunderd entries why fill the tourney with chaps with high ratings...

I am thinking about 'good sportsmanship and blah... blah' 

On the the other hand I did quite well against some of the high rated chaps... 

May be some one could (kindly) explain it to me...

TadDude
b2solo wrote:

Greetings,

cheers, 

The easiest way to post a link is to copy and paste the url from the address bar.

b2solo
TadDude wrote:
b2solo wrote:

Greetings,

cheers, 

The easiest way to post a link is to copy and paste the url from the address bar.

Thanks, but the link does address my question.

JohnIV
I am complaining! there are several people in the 1200-1400 bracket that obviously started a new user name and timed it so they were in this bracket when the Tourney started. Ridiculous that they are even permitted to continue.