Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
jay
Ok, all fixed Kohai.
kohai
Thanks Jay Laughing
ruizleiva
hi, i`m playing in the sicilian open, and one player not response, what happend with he?.
Checkers4Me
jay wrote: Yeah, this is on our radar to look into. 2 is not likely to happen, as its quite a programming feat to try and compute whether people are statistically eliminated yet or not, but I think we will try and make #1 happen.

Sounds great. #2 does seem to be a bit tricky, more trouble than it's worth.

memory60
jay wrote:

Please use this forum category to post all your ideas/questions/comments/etc about tournaments. We hope you enjoy the new feature...and the new forum!

memory60

Hi everyone,

I want to join a tournament and receive this :You must have a timeout ratio lower than 10% to play in this tournament.

Please tell me what they mean by that ok?Frown

Thx M60

andrewphelan

I'm currently joint top of my group 58 in the 3rd Chess.com Tournament (1200-1400), but it says the third place has more tie break points and I worked out he should have 12 not 16, is this a bug in the system, or am I missing some tie break rule and ultimately going to miss out on the next round if he wins his next 2 games?

Well anyway, the other player won both of his last 2 games and the tie break points ended even, so all's well that ends well.

midoov

idont accept to share adicived people

Paul

I've just entered my 1st tournament and on my first game got matched with someone nearly 400 points higher then myself - if I lose this 1st game am I out of the tournament?

Dutchgalego

Tournaments restrictions.

There are other online chess sites like [EDIT] where a pay member don't have any restrictions at all. May a pay member wanna play 200 tournaments at the same time than there will be no problem at all. May you wanna create a Swiss system tournament, a knockout tournament, a 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc. etc. players tournament, than you'll be able to do it.

One fee, 22 euros (one year), lot's of features and once again... NO restrictions at all!

Will the staff of chess.com do something about this?

Chess Greetings

bach11

whenever I try to  enter a tournament, It  says that I need a timeout ratio lower than 5%. I really don't get please help me understand it.

Baseballfan

bach11 wrote:

whenever I try to  enter a tournament, It  says that I need a timeout ratio lower than 5%. I really don't get please help me understand it.

You have completed a total of 59 turn-based games here on the site. 32 (59%) of them were games which ended because you took too long to make your move (time-outs). You need to play enough games without timing out in order to bring at percentage down in order to play in most tournaments.

SoleOwl

Can someone creat a trophy for a tourny they have under way? Or how / what do you give the winner? I should have asked this before I started a tourny... Any suggestions an help will be greatly appericated......Thx, an have a nice day everyoneSmile

artfizz

Are there any recommendations around optimal size of group vs. total number of participants in an Open tournament? For instance, if there are 100 participants, a small group size (4, say) can lead to a wide disparity in ratings. I'm in one such a group with ratings: 1811, 1514, 1234 and 1179. The larger the group,the more evenly-matched the group members - BUT the more games one has to play at once. Unless both games against each opponent start simultaneously, the tournament will take longer to complete. The group size must be a factor of the tournament size.*

A sensible compromise seems to me:

Tourney size Group size Serial/Parallel games
<6 
same a T size
7-12
same a T size 1
13-100 5 .. 8* 1
Bentley1958

Hi @ ALL!!

Why can't we play tournaments with 5; 1o; 15; or ewen 30 minutes per game ???

Best regards

malko

I posted this suggestion in the wishlist thread: In the tournament stats, display the number of tournaments you're actually in. In the current tournament list, the tournaments you withdrew from or just finished are still displayed.

cruzfranzenrico

This is great!

gumpty
please could we have a chess.com 'world cup' in vote chess? each country could elect a squad of players to play (say 20) and all countrys could battle it out, it would be fantastic! :-))
artfizz
gumpty wrote:
please could we have a chess.com 'world cup' in vote chess? each country could elect a squad of players to play (say 20) and all countrys could battle it out, it would be fantastic! :-))

I suppose some countries could afford to buy a few players ...

Liechtenstein 11 members
Mm40

Yeah, I would really like bracket-type tourny.