Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
chessrocks2010

He is AWARDCHESS

kohai

Hes online alot. Have you tried messaging him to ask him if he can start it?

chessrocks2010

no

TimeOnTarget

Can anyone direct me to something that describes the structure of the tournament brackets?  I asked the guy who created one tournament and he said he had no idea what happened after round 2, i.e., no idea whether it would be 1 group of 15 or 3 groups of 5.  If it was three groups of five, and if 3 people advance, then there would be 9, what then ??????  

Anyway, I was told that it was standardized by Chess.com, but I haven't been able to find anything describing it.  Any links, etc. would be appreciated.

kohai

Like this page? 

Asvestoulis

You must have completed at least 5 "Online Chess" games to compete in this tournament. What does it mean?

Puchiko

On-line chess means the slow, turn-based games-those that are not live chess games. You have seven going, so once five of these finish, you will be able to take part in that tournaments.

flusher317

Anyone tried Chesswith Friends on the Iphone?

fatmir
I'm confused, i finished playing all players on the first round of "seven days" tournament, but i don' know what should be the next step, because i don't see any options! jay wrote: Please use this forum category to post all your ideas/questions/comments/etc about tournaments. We hope you enjoy the new feature...and the new forum!
kohai

If you go to the tournaments page, yours shows at the top. In your group, group 8, there are still some people playing their games, so it won't show who goes onto the next round from your group till those games are finished. Once everyone from round 1 has finished playing, round 2 games will start.

Teary_Oberon

Finaly I find something that has at least a chance of being seen by staff! :D

Just wanted to let somebody know...that you guys' "12th Chess.com Quick Knockout Tournament (1401-1600)" is falling to pieces and nobody seems to care!

One single person has been holding up the first round for over 40 days (even though he has won 0 games and probably wouldn't win any even if he came back), and he has a month of vacation still left! People are getting angry at the tournament and the staff for not doing anything, or for just plain not giving a reason for why they can't do anything :(

http://www.chess.com/tournament/12th-chesscom-quick-knockouts-1401-1600

kohai
Teary_Oberon wrote:

Finaly I find something that has at least a chance of being seen by staff! :D

Just wanted to let somebody know...that you guys' "12th Chess.com Quick Knockout Tournament (1401-1600)" is falling to pieces and nobody seems to care!

One single person has been holding up the first round for over 40 days (even though he has won 0 games and probably wouldn't win any even if he came back), and he has a month of vacation still left! People are getting angry at the tournament and the staff for not doing anything, or for just plain not giving a reason for why they can't do anything :(

http://www.chess.com/tournament/12th-chesscom-quick-knockouts-1401-1600

Next round is now starting

Teary_Oberon

Yay Kohai! You are my new favoritest staff member ever! :D

(((Kohai)))

kohai

Embarassed Thanks

3kingme3

Hi, sorry if this gets asked a lot but I am new. I would like to play a few tournaments but it looks like the only tournaments you have are correspondance tournaments. Do you have any blitz tournaments that are over in a day or two? Thanks.

wu345

timeouts? i was sick i was better the next day

Murfmeister

I was playing in the 1300 and under tournament. In the first round I finished on 6 points along with someone else so we were joint 2nd. He went through because he was .5 points better off in his tiebreak. I don't have a problem with that but what does annoy me is that I beat him twice so I think results against the person you are level with should count before tiebreaks. What do you think? Thanks PS Love the site! 

Puchiko
3kingme3 wrote:

Hi, sorry if this gets asked a lot but I am new. I would like to play a few tournaments but it looks like the only tournaments you have are correspondance tournaments. Do you have any blitz tournaments that are over in a day or two? Thanks.

Live tournaments are a planned feature, hoped to arrive soon. However, until then, there are only correspondence tourneys.

Teary_Oberon
Murfmeister wrote:

I was playing in the 1300 and under tournament. In the first round I finished on 6 points along with someone else so we were joint 2nd. He went through because he was .5 points better off in his tiebreak. I don't have a problem with that but what does annoy me is that I beat him twice so I think results against the person you are level with should count before tiebreaks. What do you think? Thanks PS Love the site! 

Tie-breaks are a cruel mistress, much like luck and destiny. In a State Scholastic Championship from years past, Teary defeated strong player A in round 3 and ended up even with him in points after 5 rounds. But lo and behold, player A came out with more tie-break points than Teary and stole first place away :(

Spacos

I don´t have played any tournaments before, I just want to know how the t-ments it´s working. Are all players meating each other or are we sorted in groups? In the t-ment i chosed it was about 15 players, some had over 2000 in rating and some was "unrated" Can somebody give me any answers? With regards from "Spacos" Sweden.Wink