Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
envyk

I have a doubt, if you registered in a tournament of 100 players and there are several groups and Each move has upto 5 days time, then typically such a tournament would run for like 1 yr to finish just the group stage matches??? 

Puchiko

knadi: You are quite correct. Large tournaments do take a long time to finish, especially if players take vacations.

envyk

Puchiko- how does taking a vacation affect the tournament. In the middle of a game can a player simply take a vacation for a month?

kohai

Deathwish, thats the limit sorry. Only staff can create unlimited and those are for official tournaments.

Geniemir

How can I leave the tournament if I registered exidently?

theREALpro
jinnymer wrote:

How can I leave the tournament if I registered exidently?

withdraw

verns2

I want to see flag in player information on tournaments pages.

aimammt

My friend waited for the promise of the organizers of this tournament.

http://www.chess.com/tournament/win-more-points-even-if-you-are-a-timeouter-9

can anyone help?

chrisxfury

hi, ive just entered my 1st tournament, playing my opponent as black an white i.e 2 games, i resigned from 1 since i was bound to lose, however, the other game was fairly equal, why was i resigned from both games?, thanx.

jes1969w

Hi there. Could someone please recommend or set up a tournament for beginners ?

FlavorofTheWeak
[COMMENT DELETED]
unohoo

The site already calls it multi day tourneys and online chess should be called multi day chess simply because it is.

SHAUNBAR

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FIRST TOURNAMENT, BUT I HAVE TO GO AWAY FOR A WEEK WILL THIS EFFECT MY SCORING

azziralc

What is the timeout ratio?

DrMac

Timeout ratio is the percentage of your games you lose because you ran out of time.

DW_55

Thx kohai

Wanderain

Don't know if someone has requested this before. Can team matches be allowed to have the option of no vacation? It's only an option on tourneys and not matches

blueemu

How do new players with no chess.com rating sign up for a tournament?

I used to be pretty good in rated over-the-board play: my Canadian rating was around 2000 back in the 1980s and '90s, but I haven't played competitively for about 25 years now.

suezy
[COMMENT DELETED]
Bishop10186

I am new to this site and see live tournaments are going every hour.  Is the 15/10 format the longest time control in these tournaments?  Ever have a 20/20 or 30/30 tournament?