Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
Captain_U_666

If im ending 2nd in my group  with another person with equal scores . how do i know who will move to the next round between us ?                  Thanks

c00ps
Scottrf wrote:

How do you define unreasonable. The way they see it is that you've agreed to play a 3 day per move game, so they are entitled to use it.

Bravo Scottrf!

Aurio39

srhcompcon,may be is time to participate with more than one group; more groups more invitations you get.Normally most of us are overbooked.take my case,i have 34 games and some one would say: that`s nothing there are some guys that play even 150 games,it all depend on you.

Wanderain

I recently set up a tournament with 0% timeouts in the advanced settings.  The system allowed for players with timeout rates (some even as high as 5%) to join the tournament.  Why doesn't this setting work? Does it need to contain a value? (like 1%?)

DrMac

Putting restrictions doesn't keep people from joining. It lets them know how you want the tournament to be. As tournament director you can go in and remove people who don't meet the criteria. This is sometimes (but not often enough) done when someone exceeds the ratings requirment. If you don't remove them, however, they will remain entered in the tournament.

jbajek
[COMMENT DELETED]
fianchetto123
DrMac wrote:

Putting restrictions doesn't keep people from joining. It lets them know how you want the tournament to be. As tournament director you can go in and remove people who don't meet the criteria. This is sometimes (but not often enough) done when someone exceeds the ratings requirment. If you don't remove them, however, they will remain entered in the tournament.

This is wrong. If you try to enter a tournament with a rating range not including your rating, the system does not let you enter. Similarly your timeout rate and games played will be checked by the system before you enter, if those criteria are specified. 

danthemasterman

on the 1 min buzz games, latley iv been getting well not getting more to the point me blooming games , i get one then wait and wait for the next one . but no games , its proberly to crazy fast for me.

Rasparovov
jay wrote:
perhaps in the future, but right now no. It's a very big deal to build even one format...so it'll take time before we add more. The problem with swiss, is you can only have one game at a time going for each player, and with turn based chess, those types of tournaments would take a VERY long time.

Well then people with limited time wouldn't join such a tournament am I right?

Wanderain
fianchetto123 wrote:

This is wrong. If you try to enter a tournament with a rating range not including your rating, the system does not let you enter. Similarly your timeout rate and games played will be checked by the system before you enter, if those criteria are specified. 

I know you are right.  But I did put in the criteria that the timeout rate had to be 0%.  It still allowed people to join with timeout rates above zero.

Rubus
[COMMENT DELETED]
DrMac
fianchetto123 wrote:
DrMac wrote:

I am not versed enough to say you're wrong but I have been in a lot of tournaments where there are people whose ratings are higher than specified. In fact, sometimes the TD will put in the notes about the tournament that he will manually remove those whose ratings are too high. This leads me to conclude that the ratings are meaningless unless the TD is watching.

ROOKKING8

cud anyone tell mi that how the player is advanced to next round?

DW_55
ROOKHQUEEN8 wrote:

cud anyone tell mi that how the player is advanced to next round?

Hi,  All tournaments state how many advance 1,2 or 3 - so if you get enough points to finish within the advance criteria - you will advance - hope that helps .. DW

ROOKKING8

thnk u..... DEATHW1SH

DW_55

No probs RQ - any questions just msg me I will always answer

ROOKHQUEEN8 wrote:

thnk u..... DEATHW1SH

CaesarChess

December Chess Tournaments in Alabama

Dec. 1   Huntsville Open

4SS, TC: G/75. UAH University Center, 1410 Ben Graves Dr., Huntsville, AL 35816. Open (PF: $$b/20): $225-150-X:125-U2000:100-U1800:100; Reserve (PF: $$b/20): $200-125–U1300:100-U1100:100; Rds.: 9, 11:30, 2:30; 5. EF: $30; if mailed by NOV 24th; $40 at site. Scholastic: 5SS, TC: G/30. EF: $20. Trophy: Top 3. Rds.: 9:15-10:30-12-1:15-2:30. Late REG: DEC 1st @ 8am. Make checks payable to: Caesar Chess. ENT: Caesar Chess LLC, 5184 Caldwell Mill Rd., Suite 204-202, Birmingham, AL 35244. Info: CaesarChess@yahoo.com; or . Registration is open now...

Dec. 8   Dothan Open - For more Info: Tim Owens <slicksloth@centurytel.net> or www.AlabamaChess.com.

Dec. 8   A.D. Shores Scholastic - For more Info: Michele Wilson-Morris (205) 862-2018 or www.AlabamaChess.com.

Dec. 15
  Alabama Dual-Rated State Chess Championship
4SS, Rd1 G/30, Rd2 G/40, Rd3 G/50, Rd4 G/60 (all d5). Round times: 9:00, 10:30, 1:00, 3:15. Two sections: OPEN (b/20, 60%GTD): 1st $200, 2nd $100, Class A/B $80, U1600/unrated $60. RESERVE ((U1500) b/20, 60%GTD): 1st $160, 2nd $100, Class D/E $80, U1000/unrated $60. Trophies and Alabama titles to top Alabamian finishers. USCF and ACF required, OSA. Location: Evangel Church, 3975 Vaughn Rd., Montgomery, AL. EF (both sections): $25 by December 3, $30 thereafter or onsite. Registration: Send name, USCF ID, section and entry fee (payable to “Evangel Church”) to Doug Strout, 6000 Camelot Ct., Montgomery, AL 36117. Email: dtstrout@bellsouth.net or www.AlabamaChess.com.

Dec. 29   Magic City Classic * 5th Annual
4SS, TC: G/75. Birmingham Bridge Club, 144 Business Center Dr., Birmingham, AL 35244. Open (PF: $$b/15): $225-125-U1900:100-U1700:100; Reserve (PF: $$b/15): $175-100–U1400:75-U1200:75; Rds.: 9, 11:30, 2:30; 5. EF: $30; if mailed by DEC 22nd; $40 at site. Scholastic: 5SS, TC: G/30. EF: $20. Trophy: Top 3. Rds.: 9:15-10:30-12-1:15-2:30. Late REG: DEC 29th @ 8am. Make checks payable to: Caesar Chess. ENT: Caesar Chess LLC, 5184 Caldwell Mill Rd., Suite 204-202, Birmingham, AL 35244. Info: CaesarChess@yahoo.com; www.CaesarChess.com or www.AlabamaChess.com. Registration is open now...
Puchiko
DrMac wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:
DrMac wrote:

I am not versed enough to say you're wrong but I have been in a lot of tournaments where there are people whose ratings are higher than specified. In fact, sometimes the TD will put in the notes about the tournament that he will manually remove those whose ratings are too high. This leads me to conclude that the ratings are meaningless unless the TD is watching.

You can't join a tournament if you don't meet the criteria, BUT if you join first and then your time out ratio or rating changes you are not booted automatically. It's up to the director to remove such competitors before the first round starts.

DrMac
Puchiko wrote:
DrMac wrote:
fianchetto123 wrote:
DrMac wrote:

You can't join a tournament if you don't meet the criteria, BUT if you join first and then your time out ratio or rating changes you are not booted automatically. It's up to the director to remove such competitors before the first round starts.

Not trying to be difficult but I have been in tournaments when you click on the list of players there rating is above the rating listed for the tournament.

invincible_knight

How do you make a tourney start on an opening?