Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
WolfLeader

mine says 17 18% every game i play, how much pecentage will go down?

xiii-Dex

I now have had two tourneys start on their own with the "automatically start when full" button unchecked!

One was based around starting friday Nov. 13
J_Piper

If chess.com comes up with sanctioned tournaments for those who have a low RD, such as (85&under), maybe that would be a more fair tourney, with better results?

Also, I have noticed that many tournaments (ex: 1000-1400) end up with players rated over 2200.  If we have a standard deviation, then this problem wouldn't exist.

cavalloreale

I'm a new entry. Please, can I play in two tournaments at the same time?

kohai

cavalloreale as a premium member you can play in as many as you like  :)

xiii-Dex

When will there be another official tourney other than the quick knockout ones?

Taichung

Over the years I have played on many correspondence chess sites

I do not know why it took so long for me to find this one. 

It is really a good site to play chess.  Well put together, managed and seems to be very responsive to the members.

Thanks!!

One thing though.  Someone up top asked if someone enters a tournament within the rating range then his rating goes over the limit "do we get kicked out." 

Some tournaments take a while to  start and if someone plays a lot of games his rating will always be in flux so how can that be helped.  On other sites the rating that you enter the tournament must be within the limits but once entered you stay entered.  How else can this be handled?  I realize that this is not "other sites" I was just using that as an example. 

May I suggest that if something needs implementation maybe you can use a +/- 100 points at tournament start.  When entering you must be within the established ratings but when the tournament starts be it a week or a month or two down the road then anyone outside of +/- 100 points are automatically ejected by some program.  Just  an idea!!

Chuck

blowerd

Wow this is a great website. 

I have to ask there is a upcoming tournament which has a max of 22 players and has a 2(1)->1 format.  So how would the groups work when down to 11 players?  Does one player get a bye? 

xiii-Dex

yeah, but because tie breaks don't work with groups of two, byes are almost guaranteed even if there's say, 64 players.

0supaman0

How do they calculate tiebreaks?

There's a bunch of #s I dont know what they mean

Poompat

Can someone help me on this, please?

Where do I learn about how to play in (on-line) tournament (here at chess.com)?

Is it like internet chess (where we have a few days to play 1 move)?

OR do we have to finish all games in 1 session (like LIVE chess)?

Sorry, this may be a stupid question... but I am quite new here :-(

Poompat

One more question :  What does something like "2(1)->1 format" mean? 

xiii-Dex

the tournaments are turn based, ranging from 1 day to move to 14 days to move.

xiii-Dex

I'm pretty sure it means:

group size(concurrent games per opponent)-># of players advancing to next round

If there is a + at the end, then tie breaks aren't being used.

Gabbes

Hi! i entered in a tournament... but he dont start instantly... must to wait... so, i want to renounce at tournament .... can be? if yes, how? Thanks!

xiii-Dex

Are you saying you want to quit the tournament before it starts?

There should be a button on the right side of the screen to do that.

Gabbes

Very thanks! i saw the button... is in Tournament Options... :)

Rolos05

I posted this probably in the wrong area so I am going to try it here and hopefully get some help:

I read the article on how to start tournaments but cant seem to get one started.  I have started a tournament and my status is REGISTRATION.  Why cant I find my tournament in the upcomming tournaments page.  I searched for NO VACATION tournaments for a quick find cause I am running a no vacation tourney, no luck.  I tried clicking start tournament but it says I need at least 3 people to start.  Can other people see my listing so they can join?  What am I doing wrong?

kohai

Rolos05 once you have created a tournament, go into the tournaments page, and yours will appear at the top of the page under the heading

"Tournaments I Am Currently Directing"

Rolos05

I have seen it there and the status is registration.  Do I need to do anything further or just wait for people to join.  Also, why cant I see it in the upcoming tournaments page?   Thanks Kohai for your help.