Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
kohai

Did you create a min and/or max rating on the tournament ?  and if so, are your own ratings within that criteria ?

TimJohnHarris

Yes and yes. I've already joined it! I thought that might be the reason it is invisible (namely, it would shift to a different category) but other tournaments I have joined still appear on the upcoming list, such as the upcoming thematic chess.com tournament.

kohai

If for example you are rated 1200 and you create a tournament for members rated 1400 - 1600, you won't see those on your page as you're not eligible to join them being outside of that ratings bracket.

You can only see tournaments that you are eligible to join.

However, if you log out, then click on the tournaments page (whilst NOT logged in) you will see the tournaments on the page there.

TimJohnHarris

Kohai, I tried that experiment and it did indeed work as you said.

However, it is a 960 tournament with range 1300-1600. My 960 rating is 1308, so I am in that range. My normal chess rating is >1600 which would kick me out. However, since it is 960, I hope and trust that the rating range applies to 960, not the normal, or?

The name of the tournament is "No Blindside 960" if you would like to confirm.

kohai

This one ?   http://grab.by/9WXz

7thSense

Hello!

People are complaining because i take so long to move. I do, but i never use vacation or timeout. Isn't this still legal for me to carry on like this? (Yes, i know the others are gettting annoyed, especially razorlove2bowl)

TimJohnHarris
Kohai, yes that one.
kohai

On your tournaments page, its shown at the top under "tournaments i am currently directing", thats where the image link above came from

TimJohnHarris
7th sense. Most people know that that's the way it works, and they just grin and bear it. What you can do is simply turn off the chat feature for the few that complain. That way you don't risk upping the emotional ante which would poison the game.
TimJohnHarris
That's true, but it doesn't show up on the upcoming tournaments. That's why I asked if this was normal. Will it screen entries based in their 960 rating?
kohai

yes it should do

Chess435

Question: I've played 5 online games, and tried to enter a tournament, but still got this message:

You must have completed at least 5 "Online Chess" games to compete in this tournament.

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

kohai

Try checking your games history :)

Click on View, then on the right side of the game, click on Details. That shows if the game was rated or unrated. The 5 needed before you can play in tournaments must be rated

mnewbanks

Hi all.  I am trying to create my first tournament.  I filled out the necessary paperwork but it doesn't show up on upcoming tournaments.  Many say start ASAP but I don't know how to add that.  Help please.

mnewbanks

I read some other posts and got it straightened out.  All is well.Smile

brianb42
jay wrote:

Please use this forum category to post all your ideas/questions/comments/etc about tournaments. We hope you enjoy the new feature...and the new forum!

It's upsetting that I have a better tournament score (6-3-1) than many players that made it to the second round. Yet, because only the top two in each group make the second round I was eliminated. Yes, I did understand the tournament system before I entered. I'm just disappointed. A tournament based on a player's tournament score alone would be more to my liking.

superagente86

A sincere regards

num1badass
[COMMENT DELETED]
chessrocks2010

The Very Fast.224 tourny has not stated and we are full can a staff member start the tourney please

kohai

Who is the TD of it ?