Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
kohai

Is the tournament you created outside of your own rating?

For example if you're rated 1500, did the one you create have 1600-1800 on it?

DrMac
No. Im qualified for it.
DrMac
[COMMENT DELETED]
DrMac
No
HunterTahu

This guy (name removed by kohai)

plays like a grand master! Is it alright to use sites and software to help (play for you)?  If not, is there any way to tell?  This gut might just be under-rated, or I might just be a whiner/poor loser, but Wow!

Please don't use the forums to name and shame people you feel are/may be cheating.

If you suspect someone, please use the top corner Help link. When that page opens, click on the left side option where it says Contact Us and submit a 'Suspected Cheat' ticket.

BH143

Hi ,

I am Binash Hasheer (BH101). I am nowundergoing a tournment ( 13th Chess.com Thematic Tournament - Ruy Lopez Schliemann Defense (1001-1200) - Round2 . I know it is not fare to discuss about an unfinished game , but I have to raise the question. I had been playing chess for almost 10 years, but I haven't seen a move made by one of my opponent . If this form gives the ideas about chess , then please advice about the move made by my opponent . Here's the link below

http://www.chess.com/explorer/index.html?id=48452046&ply=20&black=0

the last move played by me is (f4) , the move played by my opponent is (exf3).

How is it possible????? That blind move has turned the entire game from me. I has  decided to make further move unless , anybody advice or explains me about this move. So please let know about it .

BH143
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:
BH101 wrote:

Hi ,

I am Binash Hasheer (BH101). I am nowundergoing a tournment ( 13th Chess.com Thematic Tournament - Ruy Lopez Schliemann Defense (1001-1200) - Round2 . I know it is not fare to discuss about an unfinished game , but I have to raise the question. I had been playing chess for almost 10 years, but I haven't seen a move made by one of my opponent . If this form gives the ideas about chess , then please advice about the move made by my opponent . Here's the link below

http://www.chess.com/explorer/index.html?id=48452046&ply=20&black=0

the last move played by me is (f4) , the move played by my opponent is (exf3).

How is it possible????? That blind move has turned the entire game from me. I has  decided to make further move unless , anybody advice or explains me about this move. So please let know about it .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/En_passant

Thanks for the information!!!!!!

chris_tucker_

If I have my vacation turned on and a tournement that I am regestered for starts whilst on vacation, will those games automatically be put on vacation?

E.G. Can I regester for a tournement that I know I will have turned vacation on for, for when it starts or will I automatically time out all of the games?

kohai

Only if those tournaments are marked specifically as 'No Vacation'.

Your vacation time will pause all games except those ones.

chris_tucker_

Thanks, but I can't work out where to see if vacation is active in a tournement, I am looking to join this one:

http://www.chess.com/tournament/16th-chesscom-quick-knockouts-1201-1400

which starts on the 1st of April and I will be on vacation until the 4th/5th. I don't want to regester and instantly lose 10 games!

jfnobel

You have probably heard this quetion many times but please humor me. I have set up a tournament (All for one fun tourney). The tournament is for rating 800 - 1200. When I set it up I had a rating <1200. The signing up for the tournament is going really slow. Only one person so far. But I am keeping it on the list. However, in a mean time my own rating has gone above 1200. Should I know amend the tournament max rating? Or is my rating from the time I set up the tournament valid?

gassonic

Hi, I am currently in a tournament 1000 - 1200. Just looked at the leader board and I aam in 3rd position !! My rating has just gone above 1200 but the 2 above me are 1500+. Are these just medal hunters ? Knowbody gets that good that fast !!!!!!!

oanda

Dont you think we should get free tournaments

RuiAzevedo

Hi. I'm quite new here in chess.com and I've registered myself in the 1600-1800 tournament starting in April 1st. This will be only my 2nd tournament and maybe that's why I'm asking this: there are a lot of players above 1800 registered for this tournament. Why? Isn't it limited to players between 1600 and 1800?

Puchiko
RuiAzevedo wrote:

Hi. I'm quite new here in chess.com and I've registered myself in the 1600-1800 tournament starting in April 1st. This will be only my 2nd tournament and maybe that's why I'm asking this: there are a lot of players above 1800 registered for this tournament. Why? Isn't it limited to players between 1600 and 1800?

They registered when they were below 1800. Not to worry though, they have been shifted to a higher section when the tournament started.

tempora-mutantor
[COMMENT DELETED]
Josephfdasefwe
[COMMENT DELETED]
Dharma_Bum37

in an open tournament how do the pairings work? would a 1200 player be paired against a 1750 player? 

i am new to the site but wold like to try a tournament.

DrMac

@gunzzzy . . . in tournament pairings you usuaully see a variety of ratings in each group, so yes, a 1200 can be paired against a 1750. You might want to try a tournament with ratings that are less than 1400 or 1500 first to get started. There are a lot of tournaments like this. For instance, look for a tournament that says <1400 (less than 1400) in the rating requirement. An open tournament will allow anyone with any rating to enter. Good luck.

Dharma_Bum37

thanks dr mac...ill try it