Forums

Welcome to the Tournaments Discussion Forum

Sort:
tedzeppelin

i would like to try playing in a tournament.. but i am new.. can anyone give me a hand?? please

DrMac

Go to the tournaments page and select one of the tournaments to join. Look for one that has other players close to your rating. One other hint, if you are impatient (like me) about slow play by others, join a tournament that has a "No Vacation" rule. Otherwise players can go on long vacations between moves, which can be frustrating and brings out whining by other players (like me). Good luck. Hope to see you in a tournament soon.

Aurio39

tedzeppelin, this is what you have to do: At the top left of any page you will find PLAY. Just point browser`s arrow to it, the box that appear show you to the left a little chess board and TOURNAMENTS. Click right there, the next page the top right click on help. From now on you are by your self. Welcome, best regards.

Norwalk100

Hi what I would like to know is how do you figure out what format your tourneyment is what does it mean

ChessMarkstheSpot

I just have one little question,

When I post a tournament announcement, like I did for our TV/Group tournament #2, do people in the tournament get a message saying that an announcement has been posted or does the announcement text actually get sent to them?  Thanks guys

-Mark

rishikeshwaran

are we allowed to ask questions on live chess tournaments?

zephiros

Good morning. Why I cannot join any tournament this day ?

malko
zephiros wrote:

Good morning. Why I cannot join any tournament this day ?

you mean in live chess?

MohamedSalahEgy
dragon27 wrote:

This is just an idea...

If we want to view all the upcoming tournaments, it would be easier if there is a tournament option where we can search for tournaments suitable for our rating. Just like how there is an option of find a group by typing a keyword in the All Groups and Teams, there should be an option for tournaments where you can type an particular rating.

Eg. If I type <1500, then all the tournaments below the rating range of 1500 will appear making it easier to find tournaments to join.

Thanks,

dragon27 

i want to know my tournaments , I have involved in