CraigTustin, CA, United States
- I've been playing chess competitively since May of 2000 and teaching adults and juniors chess for 14 years!
- I played High School Basketball, Water Polo, and Swimming before a basketball injury sent me to the chess board in 2000.
- I became a National Candidate Master (USCF rating > 2000) in 2003 and a National Master (USCF rating > 2200) in 2007.
- I represented Southern California in the Denker High School Championships in 2002 by winning the Southern California High School Championships (just 2 years after playing in tournaments!).
- I actually won a recreational blitz match against a very young Fabiano Caruana (he was 10 years old at the time) at that 2002 US Open/Denker High School Championships in Cherry Hill, New Jersey!
- This year (July 2018), I qualified and competed in the very strong Southern California Chess Championships. This was my sixth year competing in this distinguished event .The previous years I qualified were 2005, 2011, 2012, 2016 & 2017.
- I've worked for several companies that teach chess to juniors in the Southern California area since 2002. I currently work in Orange County for Academic Chess, a company devoted to teaching and making chess fun for elementary school children all over the county. Our best students have gone on to be NMs, FMs and IMs, including some 2500+ FIDE rated players.
Contact me (preferred contact information below) if you're interested in "upping" your level of play; and more importantly, your comprehension of this great game!