Wei Ming Kevin GohSingapore
I'm an amateur player from Singapore and despite having a full-time job and getting on in age, I still harbor the lofty ambition of becoming a Grandmaster.
Chess is an incredibly tough game and I will share my experiences here so that hopefully, someone might avoid the mistakes that I have made in the past!
Some of my achievements include:
- Took part in 6 Chess Olympiads;
- 3 Grandmaster norms;
- Singapore National Champion 7 times;
- Board 2 bronze at 2012 Asian Team Championships;
- Combined 3 Bronzes medals at the South-East Asian Games in 2003 & 2005;
- Nanyang Technological University Sportsman of the Year 2005
Apart from playing, I am also a top blogger on chess.com, and I am also chess.com's official book reviewer. You can see my book reviews on this blog.
I have also wrote a chess book titled Chess Developments, 6.Bg5 Najdorf which has been widely acclaimed by players such as Matthew Sadler, David Smerdon and Daniel King. (see for instance, https://www.chess.com/article/view/review-the-sicilian-najdorf-6-bg5). I was also an author for Chesspublishing.com, a premium opening theory site.
Some contact points:
Facebook profile name: Goh Wei Ming, Kevin
Instagram account: im_kgwm
Some vids of my games can be found here: