My name is Jure Zorko and I come from Slovenia, Middle Europe. I am an International Master with a current FIDE rating of 2465. I have been playing and studying chess for about 20 years, regularly participating in European and World youth championships. Currently I am a full time chess coach, while still being an active player.
My you tube channel: You Tube / Jure Zorko
I started thinking about becoming a chess coach after I saw how much I could improve my own chess in adulthood and discover mistakes coaches could not see in my youth. That gave me the confidence to pursue a chess coaching career, where I helped many chess players around the world.
My highlights as a player and a coach:
- Multiple winner of medals at Youth National Championship
- Shared 9th place at World Chess Championship U12, Spain, 2000
- Silver medal on 1st board at Youth Chess Olympiad U16, Ukraine, 2000
- National Rapid Champion 2010, 2017 and National Blitz Champion, 2014, 2015
- Played for Slovenian National team, 2010
- Coached multiple National Champions in youth categories. I am regularly working as a coach in Slovenian chess clubs and online for the last 7 years
- Worked as a coach at several European and World Youth Chess Championships
- I got invited to work as a coach in Abu Dhabi Chess Club, 2014-2015
- I achieved the official title of FIDE trainer, 2015
- National vice champion in rapid and blitz chess, 2016
- 38th place at European blitz championship, Tallin 2016
- My students were: European vice champion U16, Belgrade 2017, European women team vice champion, Poland 2017, World champion U8, Brazil 2017