16729 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
Submitted by Juraldo on April 20, 2016 at 5:52 AM.
This is a nice example of a counterattack by white. It is a famous game between two of the best players in the world at that time - Milan Vidmar and Max Euwe. It seems that white is about to get checkmated but he has a solution. Enjoy!
...Read more »
posted in Juraldo's Blog
1298 reads |
Hello and thanks for taking a minute to read this.
My name is Jure Zorko and I come from Slovenia, Middle Europe. I am an International Master with a current FIDE rating of 2457. I have been playing and studying chess for about 20 years, regularly participating in European and World youth championships. Currently I am a full time chess coach, while still being an active player.
I started thinking about becoming a chess coach after I saw how much I could improve my own chess in adulthood and discover mistakes coaches could not see in my youth. That gave me the confidence to pursue a chess coaching career, where I helped many chess players around the world.
My highlights as a player and a coach:
- Multiple winner of medals at Youth National Championship
- Shared 9th place at World Chess Championship U12, Spain, 2000
- Silver medal on 1st board at Youth Chess Olympiad U16, Ukraine, 2000
- National Rapid Champion (2010) and National Blitz Champion, 2014, 2015
- Played for Slovenian National team, 2010
- Coached multiple National Champions in youth categories. I am regularly working as a coach in Slovenian chess clubs and online for the last 7 years
- Worked as a coach at several European and World Youth Chess Championships
- I got invited to work as a coach in Abu Dhabi Chess Club, 2014-2015
- I achieved the official title of FIDE trainer, 2015
If you are interested in online chess lessons, you can find more info on my coach profile: https://www.chess.com/coach/jure-zorko or write to me: email@example.com
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2016 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!