FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• When Chess Legends Play Against Their Own Openings's Thumbnail

When Chess Legends Play Against Their Own Openings

GM Gserper Jul 1, 2017, 3:46 AM

There are many openings in chess that were named after chess players who invented or make them popular. But what happens when such a chess player is forced to play against his own opening? How does it feel to fight...

• How I Learned My 1st Chess Openings's Thumbnail

How I Learned My 1st Chess Openings

louisathomas May 17, 2017, 3:35 AM

When I began playing chess, I had no idea how to begin a game. I would stare at the row of pawns, wondering which one I should order forward, without an idea of why. Or I’d hop a knight into the open board...

• Closing In On A Master Rating's Thumbnail

Closing In On A Master Rating

IM Silman May 11, 2017, 3:58 AM

The Chess.com member mnuwan wrote: "I’m a middle-aged guy who has taken up chess again seriously after a hiatus of many years. I currently have a USCF rating of 2100, and I am trying to get the master...

All News

News

• Kasparov 'Survives' While 4 Others Surge To Top's Thumbnail

Kasparov 'Survives' While 4 Others Surge To Top

FM MikeKlein Aug 14, 2017, 6:54 PM

Never have chess fans been so eager to see all draws. GM Garry Kasparov didn't mind them either. "Unlike 20 years ago, I was happy with three draws," he said at the end of a day that left him tired. Lead Photo:...

• Death Match Returns To Settle Internet Feud's Thumbnail

Death Match Returns To Settle Internet Feud

FM MikeKlein Jul 27, 2017, 7:51 AM

After more than a one-year hiatus, Chess.com's legendary Death Match series will return October 4 for a special event. GMs Simon Williams and Ben Finegold will put their differences aside, or perhaps amplify them,...

• Black Is OK In Dortmund's Thumbnail

Black Is OK In Dortmund

PeterDoggers Jul 19, 2017, 1:47 AM

Black was very comfortable in the third round in Dortmund. All games ended in draws, and so Matthias Bluebaum and Radoslaw Wojtaszek are still tied for first place at the Sparkassen Chess Meeting. The...

All Blogs

Blogs

Online Now