FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• How I Learned My 1st Chess Openings's Thumbnail

How I Learned My 1st Chess Openings

louisathomas May 17, 2017, 3:35 AM

When I began playing chess, I had no idea how to begin a game. I would stare at the row of pawns, wondering which one I should order forward, without an idea of why. Or I’d hop a knight into the open board...

• Closing In On A Master Rating's Thumbnail

Closing In On A Master Rating

IM Silman May 11, 2017, 3:58 AM

The Chess.com member mnuwan wrote: "I’m a middle-aged guy who has taken up chess again seriously after a hiatus of many years. I currently have a USCF rating of 2100, and I am trying to get the master...

• How To Study Master Chess Games's Thumbnail

How To Study Master Chess Games

GM Gserper May 6, 2017, 3:53 AM

Most chess players like to study games by masters and grandmasters. Indeed, many of these games are real works of art and you can enjoy them immensely. Of course, you can also learn from such games. I still...

All News

News

• Giri Dutch King In Reykjavik's Thumbnail

Giri Dutch King In Reykjavik

PeterDoggers Apr 28, 2017, 8:38 AM

On the day that Dutch king Willem-Alexander turned 50, Anish Giri was the king in Reykjavik. The Dutch number one won the Reykjavik Open with an undefeated 8.5/10 score, and finished ahead of four grandmasters who...

• Grischuk, Mamedyarov, MVL Share 1st At Sharjah Grand Prix's Thumbnail

Grischuk, Mamedyarov, MVL Share 1st At Sharjah Grand Prix

PeterDoggers Feb 27, 2017, 12:00 AM

In the final round of the Sharjah Grand Prix, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov defeated Hou Yifan (on her birthday!) and caught Maxime Vachier-Lagrave and Alexander Grischuk. The latter won the first prize on tiebreak. More...

• 3 Winners, 1 Blunder In Sharjah Grand Prix's Thumbnail

3 Winners, 1 Blunder In Sharjah Grand Prix

PeterDoggers Feb 22, 2017, 12:00 AM

The Sharjah Grand Prix today saw a blunder in the "very rare" category. Alexander Riazantsev's mistake was huge, and he could resign immediately against Dmitry Jakovenko. In the fifth round, Michael Adams...

All Blogs

Blogs

Online Now