FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• Is This The Future Of Chess?'s Thumbnail

Is This The Future Of Chess?

GM Gserper Apr 15, 2017, 10:26 PM

GM Emil Sutovsky recently posted some shocking news on his Facebook page: a computer program, Ponanza, beat the best shogi player in the world. Not only that, but the computer program pretty much introduced a novelty...

• Santasiere's Thoughts and Remembrances's Thumbnail

Santasiere's Thoughts and Remembrances

batgirl Mar 29, 2017, 12:24 PM

While wanting to write an introduction, putting my thoughts on the topic into words has proven to be a most difficult undertaking.   Although I predominantly scour books, newspapers...

• The Most Foolish Opening Mistake's Thumbnail

The Most Foolish Opening Mistake

GM Gserper Mar 19, 2017, 9:28 AM

I bet that some of you, my dear readers, think that I am going to talk about "Fool's Mate" or "Scholar's Mate." Indeed, there is no way to get checkmated faster than Fool's Mate: And there is no more popular...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• 2017 Hales Corners Challenge XXV's Thumbnail

2017 Hales Corners Challenge XXV

william272 Apr 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

I am really grateful to have been able to play in the 25th Hales Corners Challenge yesterday. It’s an awesome one day event with four rounds and a time control of G60, d6 (yes, d6). I honestly played some really...

• Review: Positional Gruenfeld Repertoire - Part 1 by Mihal Marin (Modern-Chess.com)'s Thumbnail

Review: Positional Gruenfeld Repertoire - Part 1 by Mihal Marin (Modern-Chess.com)

IM IM_Kgwm Apr 17, 2017, 9:37 AM

My first review was generally well received and even the author himself, Grandmaster Boris Avrukh had said that the review was more difficult to digest than the survey itself! That was of course tongue in cheek...

• The final's Thumbnail

The final

IM attilaturzo Apr 12, 2017, 5:35 AM

Yesterday was the final game. Before the game 1 player had 6 points and I was on the 2nd place with one other player with 5 points. I wanted to win to have a chance to win the tourney. My opponent was the young...

Online Now