FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

10 best openings in chess

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• The Most Foolish Opening Mistake

GM Gserper Mar 19, 2017, 9:28 AM

I bet that some of you, my dear readers, think that I am going to talk about "Fool's Mate" or "Scholar's Mate." Indeed, there is no way to get checkmated faster than Fool's Mate: And there is no more popular...

• How To Set Up A Chess Game

CHESScom Mar 10, 2017, 11:01 PM

Setting up a chess game is easy. It’s playing that can be hard. Here is how to set up a game. Step 1: Decide where to play. Do you want to play on a real board with a friend near you? Or do you...

• The Best Chess Openings For Beginners

CHESScom Mar 15, 2017, 4:42 PM

The first few moves of a chess game can be some of the most important moves you make. In those moves, you will establish your early plans and fight for your place on the board. Most beginners don’t need to...

• Who Is The Best Chess Player In The World?

CHESScom Mar 15, 2017, 4:24 PM

You have probably heard someone say “I can beat all my friends at chess” or “I’m the best chess player at my school!” After rolling your eyes, you may have wondered: Who is the best...

• The Opening That Didn't Like Bobby Fischer

IM Silman Feb 16, 2017, 3:58 AM

Chess players are always looking for new openings. But picking an opening isn’t easy since there are so many to choose. Sometimes the choice is made by using the openings of your favorite chess hero. And...

All Blogs

Blogs

• Planning Part-1

Abhi_Mary_1997 Mar 25, 2017, 3:47 AM

Planning- Many beginners know openings well from move to move. But when asked about planning, they find themselves in a deep hole, unsure of where to move next. And what will they get? Nothing... because moves are...

• How to Win Chess Almost Every Time (part 1)(winning as a beginner)

DineshMC Mar 22, 2017, 3:56 AM

Mastering chess is a long process, and will take you several years, but you don’t have to be a master to win at chess almost every time if you understand the mechanics of the game. By learning to spot certain moves...

• Karpov - Move by Move : Quick review

cassanunda2003 Mar 18, 2017, 1:12 PM

Karpov Move by Move Everyman Author: Sam Collins Format: Kindle   As usual with Everyman the book is well edited and the layout is generally good making it quite readable on an iPad or the Kindle ereader.  It is...

• A Theoretical Framework for Adult Improvement

Milliern Mar 15, 2017, 3:28 PM

I’m constantly thinking about how to improve at chess, how to analyze metrics to determine improvement, and trying to understand how improving works.  One of the world-shifting understandings I’ve come to has been...

• Chess common sense (YOU COULD MAKE NO MISTAKES AND BE PLAYING LIKE MAGNUS!pt.3

Berkowick Mar 13, 2017, 8:35 AM

Hello guys, it's me FM_Berkowick(OM stands for origami master) Today we'll be working on bumping you up from beginner to intermediate players. Shoutout to Swagchessmaster88. He's a awesome friend and a awesome chess...

All News

News

• Daily Chess Improvement 17/3/16

NMShrillShooter Mar 17, 2017, 2:32 AM

Daily Chess Improvement 17/3/16 Attack in chess!! Whether you are a positional player or attacking player,you must learn to attack.Best way to learn to attack is watch games of Mikhail Tal the best attacking player...

• Learn From Vishy Anand in March 2017 Prodigy Program!

GeniusKJ Mar 6, 2017, 9:25 PM

Registration for the March 2017 month of the Prodigy Program is now open for our 900+, 1200+, 1500+, and 1750+ Elo sections. We are happy to announce that five-time world champion GM Vishy Anand will be teaching...

• Grischuk, Mamedyarov, MVL Share 1st At Sharjah Grand Prix

PeterDoggers Feb 27, 2017, 12:00 AM

In the final round of the Sharjah Grand Prix, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov defeated Hou Yifan (on her birthday!) and caught Maxime Vachier-Lagrave and Alexander Grischuk. The latter won the first prize on tiebreak. More...

• Wins For Li, Salem As Draw Fest Continues

PeterDoggers Feb 25, 2017, 12:00 AM

With draws on the top seven boards in round seven, the field remains closely packed at the Grand Prix in Sharjah. On Saturday Salem Saleh won his first game and Li Chao his second. Photo: Maria Emelianova. "It's...

• 3 Winners, 1 Blunder In Sharjah Grand Prix

PeterDoggers Feb 22, 2017, 12:00 AM

The Sharjah Grand Prix today saw a blunder in the "very rare" category. Alexander Riazantsev's mistake was huge, and he could resign immediately against Dmitry Jakovenko. In the fifth round, Michael Adams...

Online Now