FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• Dancing's Thumbnail

Dancing

batgirl Jul 12, 2017, 11:18 AM

Johannes Jacobus van Oosterom       Joop van Oosterom, the Dutch business and chess maecenas, died in October of 2016.      The Association Max Euwe of Monaco,...

• When Chess Legends Play Against Their Own Openings's Thumbnail

When Chess Legends Play Against Their Own Openings

GM Gserper Jul 1, 2017, 3:46 AM

There are many openings in chess that were named after chess players who invented or make them popular. But what happens when such a chess player is forced to play against his own opening? How does it feel to fight...

• What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament's Thumbnail

What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament

louisathomas Jun 28, 2017, 3:32 AM

I prepared for my first chess tournament for weeks. Every night, I played a rapid game -- and then studied it, reviewing my moves to see where I missed a tactic, where I anticipated the wrong move, where I could...

All News

News

• Hort, Karpov, Vaganian In Action At 50th Biel Festival's Thumbnail

Hort, Karpov, Vaganian In Action At 50th Biel Festival

PeterDoggers Jul 25, 2017, 11:16 AM

The 50th jubilee edition of the Biel Chess Festival is underway in Switzerland. Among the participants are Vlastimil Hort and Anatoly Karpov, who played the rapid tournament on Sunday, and Rafael Vaganian,...

• All-Round Grischuk Too Strong For Yu Yangyi's Thumbnail

All-Round Grischuk Too Strong For Yu Yangyi

PeterDoggers Jul 25, 2017, 1:18 AM

Showing both his endgame and attacking skills, Alexander Grischuk proved too strong an opponent for Yu Yangyi. Grischuk won their four-game match in Jiayuguan, China with a 3-1 score, and with it the $20,000...

• Magnus Carlsen To Play FIDE World Cup's Thumbnail

Magnus Carlsen To Play FIDE World Cup

PeterDoggers Jul 24, 2017, 6:29 AM

It's almost unprecedented that a reigning world champion is participating in a cycle for the next world championship, but this year it will happen. Magnus Carlsen will be playing the FIDE World Cup in September...

All Blogs

Blogs

• How Math Can Help You in Chess's Thumbnail

How Math Can Help You in Chess

RealKateCage Jul 26, 2017, 3:35 AM

Everything around us can be explained by math, ranging from patterns that can be found in nature to more abstract things like music. But, there is one thing that is inextricably connected to mathematics. We are,...

• How To Play Chess (Part 1): Understanding the Board and Pieces's Thumbnail

How To Play Chess (Part 1): Understanding the Board and Pieces

PinkuAkane Jul 25, 2017, 4:00 PM

Understanding the Board and Pieces The board is an 8x8 grid and each space is uniquely identified by a letter followed by a number using a notation called the rank and file system. Each piece has a specific name,...

• Humble beginnings...bright future's Thumbnail

Humble beginnings...bright future

jjo5034 Jul 25, 2017, 12:30 PM

Chess has always been a work in progress in my life. I was the Chess champion of my class in high school three years in a row, and I have also won the school title several times. Unfortunately, that is where...

Online Now