2 player chess

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• The Opening That Didn't Like Bobby Fischer

IM Silman Feb 16, 2017, 3:58 AM

Chess players are always looking for new openings. But picking an opening isn’t easy since there are so many to choose. Sometimes the choice is made by using the openings of your favorite chess hero. And...

• American Woman - Part V

batgirl Feb 15, 2017, 2:10 PM

Preface:      An official U.S. Women's Chess Championship has existed for nearly 80 years.  The USCF lists 1937 as the first year.  There have been many strong and important...

• Carlsen Checkmates!

GM Gserper Feb 11, 2017, 11:52 PM

The most shocking chess episode of the year that everyone is talking about happened in the Tata Steel super tournament. Indeed how often does the world chess champion miss a checkmate in three, when he...

• Chess Cyborg: Chess Teachers And Chess Books

IM Silman Feb 9, 2017, 2:55 AM

This article is a bit different in that I’ve written about chess books and I’ve written about chess coaches, but I’ve never blended the two together. In doing so, I will show you how your chess...

• Staunton Could See The Future

GM Gserper Feb 4, 2017, 9:53 PM

In the first part of this article, we saw numerous examples of Howard Staunton's sparkling attacks.  Yes, he knew how to attack, but there were many players who could do it as well if not better...

All Blogs

Blogs

• Cornwall Congress 2017

thejacka1 Feb 18, 2017, 9:07 AM

In January 2015 I made my debut in 'real' over-the-board chess at this event by finishing 1st-equal with Harvey Richings in the Penwith Cup for children (like Harvey) and ungraded or 'returning' players (like me)....

• Tehran WWCh, R2 tiebreaks: Sopiko wins thriller by Colin McGourty

sontu1296 Feb 17, 2017, 9:15 AM

Tan Zhongyi and Nino Khurtsidze both won matches that went all the way to Armageddon in Round 2 of the Women’s World Championship in Tehran, but nothing could compete with the thrills and spills of Sopiko Guramishvili’s...

• Poker and Chess Streaming Session: Bullet and MIT Homegame

WGM jenshahade Feb 16, 2017, 7:28 PM

2017 started off well for me, with a new member of the family joining me on January 3. In my first chess and poker session after birth, little Fabian was so horrified by one of my moves, he started crying and I...

• March Signups are Now Open

SirIvanhoe Feb 16, 2017, 4:48 PM

Signups are now open for our 3 round March League Qualifier and Tournament Series to begin on Monday, March 6, 2017.   Negotiated Time Tournaments   New players can sign up for our 3 round League Qualifier. You...

• A "hard fought" game: Lakeridge Chess Tournament Rounds 4-5

Joseph_Truelson Feb 16, 2017, 9:56 AM

Joseph Levine confidently looks at the camera before his first move in the first round. At least I think it's a confident look. As I'm not sure, I probably shouldn't say anything else, or else I will get fired and...

=

Online Now