Online 7 hrs ago

Chess Player Player | Los Angeles, United States

• 500guy
    Online Nov 7, 2011

Random Chess Player at Chess.com | Anytown, Barbados

All Blogs

Blogs

• An Amateur Looks at the WCC 2016

The chess world spent the last month with their eyes fixed on one main event—the World Chess Championship. Emotions ran hot and many were disappointed with the outcome. Some are claiming it was the death of...

• 7 Reasons You Should Play in the Crazyhouse Championship

The first ever crazyhouse championship is right around the corner and you don't want to miss out! Not only does this event boast a $2,000 prize fund to be distributed to the top 10 finishers; it's also attracting...

• The Chess Gambit - Use it or lose it

In 1561 Ruy Lopez de Segura, arguably the greatest player before the computer age, began experimenting with a suicidal novelty. With a feather in hand, soaked in ink only as bold as his courage he wrote "dare il...

• Using En Passant to gain a mental advantage

Knowing the rule of en passant is the mark of an advanced chess player. Now, I am at a stage between a beginner and an advanced player. I believe that aside from mere rankings, perception is also important in determining...

• Another fun game in the Swedish league

Hi there, It has been 2 weeks since my last post, so it was time to have another chess encounter to keep my journey on the right track. This time the occasion was to help my Malmo chess club in the match against...

Online Now