Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• Can You Solve These 5 'Easy' Retrograde Puzzles?'s Thumbnail

Can You Solve These 5 'Easy' Retrograde Puzzles?

FM MikeKlein Apr 5, 2017, 12:33 AM

Earlier this year, Chess.com included a brief mention of the death of renowned logician Raymond Smullyan, who often used chess as the medium for his puzzle creations. He was quite the chessic sorcerer -- even his...

• Santasiere's Thoughts and Remembrances's Thumbnail

Santasiere's Thoughts and Remembrances

batgirl Mar 29, 2017, 12:24 PM

While wanting to write an introduction, putting my thoughts on the topic into words has proven to be a most difficult undertaking.   Although I predominantly scour books, newspapers...

• The Match Of The 21st Century's Thumbnail

The Match Of The 21st Century

GM Gserper Mar 25, 2017, 8:44 PM

When chess players say "match of the century," usually they refer to the famous match between the USSR and the "rest of the world" that took place in Belgrade in 1970. In reality, many famous chess competitions...

All News

News

• Carlsen, Top Teams Win In PRO League Playoff's Thumbnail

Carlsen, Top Teams Win In PRO League Playoff

NM SamCopeland Mar 9, 2017, 12:00 AM

How often do chess players get a chance to play one of the world's super-grandmasters? How often then do they get a chance to win? In the second playoff week of the Professional Rapid Online (PRO) Chess League,...

• Mamedyarov Beats So; Carlsen's Gnomes Eke Into PRO Playoffs's Thumbnail

Mamedyarov Beats So; Carlsen's Gnomes Eke Into PRO Playoffs

NM SamCopeland Feb 23, 2017, 12:00 AM

Wesley So lost his first game (excluding blitz) since his defeat by Carlsen in Bilbao last summer. In a game-of-the-week candidate, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov tapped into the game's chaos more efficiently than...

• Carlsen Misses Mate In 3 vs Giri's Thumbnail

Carlsen Misses Mate In 3 vs Giri

PeterDoggers Jan 21, 2017, 1:34 PM

Today Magnus Carlsen missed a checkmate versus Anish Giri, and with it, a great opportunity to move to "plus three." Wesley So drew his game as well and continues to lead the masters section. It's quite...

All Blogs

Blogs

• Simple but Often Overlooked: The Arabian Mate's Thumbnail

Simple but Often Overlooked: The Arabian Mate

raync910 Apr 26, 2017, 9:37 AM

Welcome to what I hope will be an interesting collections of posts about our mutual hobby – chess. Although I have played chess since I was a teenager, I was poorly schooled in chess tactics until recently – in...

• Intro to Tactics's Thumbnail

Intro to Tactics

Win_Like_McEntee Apr 23, 2017, 4:21 PM

If you are playing a more skilled opponent they are likely to see your 1 move threats.  As such you need to look for more complicated threats that are harder to avoid.  Tactics in general are moves that gain a clear...

• The best (chess) problem in the world! - mat in three moves's Thumbnail

The best (chess) problem in the world! - mat in three moves

fb612 Apr 23, 2017, 1:12 AM

White to move and checkmate Black in no more than three moves against any defence. https://www.chess.com/members/view_content/fb612

Online Now