FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• The Lonely Knight Checkmate's Thumbnail

The Lonely Knight Checkmate

GM Gserper Jun 18, 2017, 12:13 AM

After my very first lesson at the chess club of the Pioneer Palace, our coach gave us a simple checkmate-in-three-moves puzzle. Immediately our most advanced players started shouting that it is an absolutely impossible...

• Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results's Thumbnail

Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results

erik May 4, 2017, 5:44 PM

Every chess game starts with a "time control" - how long each player has to move. And every game ends with a "result" - why did it end? A friend asked me about how each time control impacts the result, and I had...

• Who Is The Bizarre Grandmaster?'s Thumbnail

Who Is The Bizarre Grandmaster?

GM Gserper Apr 30, 2017, 1:36 AM

It's a shame that the grandmaster Nigel Short is not as well known to the general public as much as he used to be.   In the 1990s he was one of the best chess players in the world and even played...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• Obviousman and Chess's Thumbnail

Obviousman and Chess

TadrodderTots Jun 23, 2017, 7:47 AM

'Non Sequitor's - ObviousmanAs my father used to tell me "Son, you aren't fast, but you are slow ... " and then he'd repeat the sequence of operations for me:  first lather, then rinse, then repeat.And through...

• The Game of Chess Teaches Children Important Life Skills's Thumbnail

The Game of Chess Teaches Children Important Life Skills

Vineetrahne Jun 22, 2017, 10:25 PM

Many children play computer games that are addictive adversely. A portion of the drawbacks to computer game playing are: the exceptional requirement for moment satisfaction, playing constant for quite a long time...

• Workin' on a Knight Move's Thumbnail

Workin' on a Knight Move

dbschultz Jun 21, 2017, 4:32 PM

Of the chess pieces on the board, none is quite as unique or challenging as the knight; my personal favorite weapon. Unlike any other piece, the knight has the ability to jump or pass through other pieces...

Online Now