FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament's Thumbnail

What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament

louisathomas Jun 28, 2017, 3:32 AM

I prepared for my first chess tournament for weeks. Every night, I played a rapid game -- and then studied it, reviewing my moves to see where I missed a tactic, where I anticipated the wrong move, where I could...

• The Lonely Knight Checkmate's Thumbnail

The Lonely Knight Checkmate

GM Gserper Jun 18, 2017, 12:13 AM

After my very first lesson at the chess club of the Pioneer Palace, our coach gave us a simple checkmate-in-three-moves puzzle. Immediately our most advanced players started shouting that it is an absolutely impossible...

• Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results's Thumbnail

Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results

erik May 4, 2017, 5:44 PM

Every chess game starts with a "time control" - how long each player has to move. And every game ends with a "result" - why did it end? A friend asked me about how each time control impacts the result, and I had...

All News

News

• Did Anand Promote Illegally vs Kramnik?'s Thumbnail

Did Anand Promote Illegally vs Kramnik?

PeterDoggers Jul 12, 2017, 6:04 AM

The new FIDE Laws of Chess are in effect since July 1. One thing that's new is that using two hands to promote a pawn is considered an illegal move, and during rapid and blitz games an arbiter is supposed to...

• Carlsen Phenomenal At Blitz, Wins Leuven Grand Chess Tour's Thumbnail

Carlsen Phenomenal At Blitz, Wins Leuven Grand Chess Tour

PeterDoggers Jul 2, 2017, 3:26 PM

Garry Kasparov, a man who knows what it means to dominate, called it a "phenomenal performance" when Magnus Carlsen clinched the Your Next Move Grand Chess Tour in Leuven, Belgium with two rounds...

• Athletes, Grandmasters Battle In Chess Pro-Am's Thumbnail

Athletes, Grandmasters Battle In Chess Pro-Am

FM MikeKlein Jun 26, 2017, 6:42 PM

What happens when you combine six professional athletes with six premier mental athletes? At the inaugural The Players' Tribune and Chess.com Pro-Am Chess Tournament, you get moments of serious chess, bouts of raucousness,...

All Blogs

Blogs

• PRINCIPIA SCACCHORUM, Part 11: On Relations, the Very Fabric of (Chess) Life's Thumbnail

PRINCIPIA SCACCHORUM, Part 11: On Relations, the Very Fabric of (Chess) Life

RoaringPawn Aug 15, 2017, 5:41 PM

PIECE RELATIONS are the ultimate constituents of chess reality as life is trying to imitate chess - use of force, violence, bloody conflicts with captures and killings of (chess)men abound. Relationalism is a conceptual...

• How a Kid Got His Passion For Chess's Thumbnail

How a Kid Got His Passion For Chess

Ashton_Yeager Aug 13, 2017, 4:47 PM

My name is Ashton Yeager, I am 13 years old and I have a passion for the game of chess.  I spend all my time during the day studying chess.  Chess is my favorite thing to do, and believe it or not I used...

• Tactical blindness.'s Thumbnail

Tactical blindness.

truffel3 Aug 13, 2017, 10:12 AM

After 2 weeks of solving only mate in 2 problems i discovered 2 things. For one I'm getting faster in solving , still not at fast as I want but for now after thousands of problems I 'see' about half of the problems....

Online Now