FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• The First Computer Chess Championship  in the USA's Thumbnail

The First Computer Chess Championship in the USA

batgirl Sep 19, 2017, 5:37 PM

For nearly 20 years computers have dominated chess.  These advanced devises not only defeat the best players, but have become indispensable as training tools, analyzing partners and always-ready...

• What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament's Thumbnail

What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament

louisathomas Jun 28, 2017, 3:32 AM

I prepared for my first chess tournament for weeks. Every night, I played a rapid game -- and then studied it, reviewing my moves to see where I missed a tactic, where I anticipated the wrong move, where I could...

• The Lonely Knight Checkmate's Thumbnail

The Lonely Knight Checkmate

GM Gserper Jun 18, 2017, 12:13 AM

After my very first lesson at the chess club of the Pioneer Palace, our coach gave us a simple checkmate-in-three-moves puzzle. Immediately our most advanced players started shouting that it is an absolutely impossible...

All News

News

• Carlsen-Ding Biggest Champions Showdown Win's Thumbnail

Carlsen-Ding Biggest Champions Showdown Win

PeterDoggers Nov 15, 2017, 3:35 AM

By scoring 8.5-3.5 on the final day, Magnus Carlsen beat Ding Liren 67-25 which was the biggest margin of all four Champions Showdown matches in St. Louis. Carlsen won $60,000 (€50,800) for his win, and Ding...

• No Increment, No Problem For Nakamura, Dominguez's Thumbnail

No Increment, No Problem For Nakamura, Dominguez

FM MikeKlein Nov 9, 2017, 10:06 PM

In day one of the 2017 Champions Showdown, it was a case of addition by lack of addition. Despite the G/30 time control, the longest of the four days of play, the event's lack of increment already factored in to...

• Nepomniachtchi Tops Aronian  In Nail-Biter Speed Chess's Thumbnail

Nepomniachtchi Tops Aronian In Nail-Biter Speed Chess

NM SamCopeland Aug 23, 2017, 7:28 PM

Ian Nepomniachtchi fended off a fierce comeback from Levon Aronian with skilled trickery in the bullet portion of the match and will advance to face Sergey Karjakin in the quarterfinals. In the early match, Aronian...

All Blogs

Blogs

• Developing Minds Through Chess's Thumbnail

Developing Minds Through Chess

dolphy10 Nov 24, 2017, 1:26 AM

Project Checkmate started in April,2016, with an aim to spread chess across different sectors of society. In a span of a year and more than a half, it has come a long way. Chess has been one uniting factor in all...

• The search for chess improvement #6's Thumbnail

The search for chess improvement #6

JamesAgadir Nov 20, 2017, 8:53 AM

Okay I'm back I took a pause for a tournament. First here are the tactics : Puzzle 1 (failed): After a quick material count I saw that I was a minor piece down. The king looked safe enough but the rook was hanging....

• Is the chess just an Illusion? This game is the ANSWER's Thumbnail

Is the chess just an Illusion? This game is the ANSWER

Unikat-Automat Nov 16, 2017, 10:52 AM

Friends, I will show you a game. Before this game I losed several games, so, I was so angry, and I just looked for some "blood" . So, I just played for to checkmate my opponent!   See this game, pls -      After...

Online Now