FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament's Thumbnail

What I Learned From My 1st Chess Tournament

louisathomas Jun 28, 2017, 3:32 AM

I prepared for my first chess tournament for weeks. Every night, I played a rapid game -- and then studied it, reviewing my moves to see where I missed a tactic, where I anticipated the wrong move, where I could...

• The Lonely Knight Checkmate's Thumbnail

The Lonely Knight Checkmate

GM Gserper Jun 18, 2017, 12:13 AM

After my very first lesson at the chess club of the Pioneer Palace, our coach gave us a simple checkmate-in-three-moves puzzle. Immediately our most advanced players started shouting that it is an absolutely impossible...

• Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results's Thumbnail

Interesting Chess Data: Time Controls And Game Results

erik May 4, 2017, 5:44 PM

Every chess game starts with a "time control" - how long each player has to move. And every game ends with a "result" - why did it end? A friend asked me about how each time control impacts the result, and I had...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• Aranytiz round 4 - Beating the Budapest Blitz champion's Thumbnail

Aranytiz round 4 - Beating the Budapest Blitz champion

IM attilaturzo Aug 23, 2017, 2:11 AM

in round 4 I played with Alex Krstulovic   who won the Budapest Blitz Championship last Sunday. He is a 14 years old FIDE-master and european champion in the under 8 years old category. He has a very serious study...

• A win from nothing - The London System (copycat variation)'s Thumbnail

A win from nothing - The London System (copycat variation)

FangBo Aug 22, 2017, 4:22 AM

I was down my local chess club a week last monday, and (as I sometimes do) I took down a score of the moves, and should it turn out to be an interesting game, I would be able to share it with you guys, and I would...

• checkmate in 2 moves (fastest way)'s Thumbnail

checkmate in 2 moves (fastest way)

adityasharma02042004 Aug 21, 2017, 9:31 AM

first move                                   white-f4                                                    black-e6 second move                                                                                white-g4  ...

Online Now