FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

4 move checkmate

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• The Match Of The 21st Century

GM Gserper Mar 25, 2017, 8:44 PM

When chess players say "match of the century," usually they refer to the famous match between the USSR and the "rest of the world" that took place in Belgrade in 1970. In reality, many famous chess competitions...

• The Most Foolish Opening Mistake

GM Gserper Mar 19, 2017, 9:28 AM

I bet that some of you, my dear readers, think that I am going to talk about "Fool's Mate" or "Scholar's Mate." Indeed, there is no way to get checkmated faster than Fool's Mate: And there is no more popular...

• Carlsen Checkmates!

GM Gserper Feb 11, 2017, 11:52 PM

The most shocking chess episode of the year that everyone is talking about happened in the Tata Steel super tournament. Indeed how often does the world chess champion miss a checkmate in three, when he...

• How To Win A Chess Game

CHESScom Mar 3, 2017, 11:46 AM

How do you win a chess game? The goal of chess is to checkmate your opponent. Checkmate happens when the king is attacked by another piece and has no way to escape. At that point, the game is over. But checkmate...

• 7 New Year's Chess Resolutions

NM SamCopeland Dec 27, 2016, 7:47 AM

Statistically, just eight percent of people achieve their New Year's resolutions. That doesn't seem so great, but if we all resolve to become grandmasters, maybe eight percent of us can make it.  More...

All Blogs

Blogs

• How To Begin Mastering Chess

DineshMC Mar 26, 2017, 7:26 PM

Chess is a highly competitive game played by millions of people around the world. The basics can be mastered in a matter of minutes. Advanced strategic concepts can take years to come to terms with and a lifetime...

• Chess

Sadeesh2006 Mar 26, 2017, 4:10 AM

This is one of the many ways to checkmate your opponent. This one here is a simple checkmate used by many players around the world. Here, white uses his king effectively. Here White has checkmated Black again....

• Openings to Avoid - Damiano Defense

GoEnter Mar 25, 2017, 10:06 AM

I will begin a new series called "Openings to Avoid". I will cover many openings that may look strange and odd and tell you why not to play them. First we will cover the Damiano Defense.    The move 3.f6 is what...

• Planning Part-1

Abhi_Mary_1997 Mar 25, 2017, 3:47 AM

Planning- Many beginners know openings well from move to move. But when asked about planning, they find themselves in a deep hole, unsure of where to move next. And what will they get? Nothing... because moves are...

• Chess Puzzle of The Week #1

seanysean2 Mar 23, 2017, 1:07 PM

Here was a online game I played. I hope you enjoy! I will post the answer to the puzzle in the next edition of this series - probably next week. This is a pretty easy puzzle if you've done a lot of tactics training....

All News

News

• Battle for Acropolis

SergejBrln Mar 10, 2017, 5:00 AM

The match against ACROPOLIS is out biggest team match so far. It's being played at 23 boards, exactly have of the games (23 out of 46) are already over and it's tied: the score is 11,5:11,5. Two accounts in each...

• Carlsen, Top Teams Win In PRO League Playoff

NM SamCopeland Mar 9, 2017, 12:00 AM

How often do chess players get a chance to play one of the world's super-grandmasters? How often then do they get a chance to win? In the second playoff week of the Professional Rapid Online (PRO) Chess League,...

• Mamedyarov Beats So; Carlsen's Gnomes Eke Into PRO Playoffs

NM SamCopeland Feb 23, 2017, 12:00 AM

Wesley So lost his first game (excluding blitz) since his defeat by Carlsen in Bilbao last summer. In a game-of-the-week candidate, Shakhriyar Mamedyarov tapped into the game's chaos more efficiently than...

• Look at every move #dirty #plan

conolly Feb 21, 2017, 2:23 PM

An interesting game that I played after school and thought that some players would want to see a cool checkmate, and some bad middle game play. Please feel free to rip the game to shreds and tell me what moves I...

• Let's talk about Tactics pt. 1

AdventHoly Feb 6, 2017, 11:01 AM

Hey SMI and friends,    If you are new here, thanks for joining us! We are always looking for ways to serve the community here so please speak up if you have any ideas or need help in any way!   I hope those...

Online Now