FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• 3 Of Emanuel Lasker's Greatest Hits's Thumbnail

3 Of Emanuel Lasker's Greatest Hits

IM Silman Sep 7, 2017, 3:07 AM

I’m back with three more of my favorite Emanuel Lasker games. Remember that they might or might not be his best games. All that matters is that they are games that affected me over the years. Though Lasker...

• How Many Moves Can You See Ahead?'s Thumbnail

How Many Moves Can You See Ahead?

louisathomas Aug 9, 2017, 3:49 AM

I recently told a friend that I had been playing a lot of chess. “How good are you?” she asked. I brightened, interpreting the question as an invitation for a game. “No, I don’t play,”...

• Beat Your Opponent By Retreating!'s Thumbnail

Beat Your Opponent By Retreating!

IM Silman Aug 4, 2017, 7:37 AM

In general, amateur chess players do their best to push their pieces forward and attack. However, sometimes they think they have to retreat due to the opponent threatening something or starting to take over the...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• Re-Learning how to think's Thumbnail

Re-Learning how to think

Daybreak57 Sep 21, 2017, 1:46 AM

You may not really think about it, but the winner or loser in a chess game is determined by the ideas and strategies, good or bad, that the opponents pick.  Call it a clash of ideas.  The person who has better ideas...

• Last Legs:  Seattle Chess Classic 2017, part 2's Thumbnail

Last Legs: Seattle Chess Classic 2017, part 2

WCM mkkuhner Sep 20, 2017, 5:19 PM

Eclipse image by Rick Fienberg / TravelQuest International / Wilderness Travel. Tournament images by Victoria Jung-Doknjas. Saturday morning, round 6.  I was paired with NM Luke Xie, who USCF says is the #19 player...

• Going for a Title: Chapter 6 "One Week Out"'s Thumbnail

Going for a Title: Chapter 6 "One Week Out"

dbschultz Sep 16, 2017, 9:30 PM

As the title implies, I'm one week out from my first official tournament. This will be my first event against rated players and my first step towards earning a title. The format is classical, great because...

Online Now