FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• I’m Passionate About Squares's Thumbnail

I’m Passionate About Squares

IM Silman Jun 22, 2017, 1:54 AM

Many chess players have a limited understanding of the game. They think it’s all about mating the enemy king. They think it’s all about tactics and attack. They think it’s about creating threats....

• More Of Bisguier's Greatest Hits's Thumbnail

More Of Bisguier's Greatest Hits

IM Silman Jun 9, 2017, 1:03 AM

Grandmaster Arthur Bisguier was born in 1929 and he died in April 2017. The purpose of this two-part series is to let you enjoy the attacking genius of one of America’s most talented players (you can find...

• Bisguier's Greatest Hits's Thumbnail

Bisguier's Greatest Hits

IM Silman Jun 1, 2017, 3:02 AM

Though I played the late, great grandmaster Arthur Bisguier in Canada a long time ago (he beat me), I didn’t really know the man. Photo courtesy US Chess. However, knowing a man is one thing, but knowing...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• I just love that Halloween style!'s Thumbnail

I just love that Halloween style!

FearlessKing Jun 21, 2017, 5:04 PM

Here's a quick game in the Halloween gambit where black makes a common inaccuracy that I was able to capitalize on thanks to my preparation!   1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Nc3 Nf6 4. Nxe5?!     My favorite dubious...

• June Chess Tour results!'s Thumbnail

June Chess Tour results!

QuentinDarrentino Jun 21, 2017, 8:57 AM

This months turnout was Small but mighty!! Two brothers from a local chess club came to play!  Round 1) The younger brother (Left), who had a nice discovered check winning a bishop eventually beat his older brother...

• My First Win In Thirty Years!'s Thumbnail

My First Win In Thirty Years!

SonofPearl Jun 19, 2017, 12:56 PM

Welcome once again to my blog, where I have decided to analyse all my OTB (Over The Board) chess games for my local club Pontypridd played during the season 2016/17. After abandoning competitive chess at the tender...

Online Now