FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• How To Stomp Emanuel Lasker's Thumbnail

How To Stomp Emanuel Lasker

IM Silman Apr 20, 2017, 2:29 AM

Simultaneous exhibitions are a great thing. A player who would normally never come face-to-face with a famous chess international master or grandmaster is able to live a dream and do his best to beat a legend and...

• The Most Foolish Opening Mistake's Thumbnail

The Most Foolish Opening Mistake

GM Gserper Mar 19, 2017, 9:28 AM

I bet that some of you, my dear readers, think that I am going to talk about "Fool's Mate" or "Scholar's Mate." Indeed, there is no way to get checkmated faster than Fool's Mate: And there is no more popular...

• The 4-Move Checkmate's Thumbnail

The 4-Move Checkmate

CHESScom Apr 21, 2017, 2:24 PM

What is the most common chess game? The four-move checkmate (also known as scholar's mate) is by far the most common finish to a chess game. Almost all chess players has fallen for or delivered this...

All News

News

All Blogs

Blogs

• One from Greco's Thumbnail

One from Greco

Ziryab Apr 26, 2017, 2:14 PM

The oldest English language book that presents games from Gioachino Greco (c.1600 - c. 1634) is Francis Beale, The Royall Art of Chesse-Play (London 1656). This book contains 154 games attributed to Greco, as well...

• Simple but Often Overlooked: The Arabian Mate's Thumbnail

Simple but Often Overlooked: The Arabian Mate

raync910 Apr 26, 2017, 9:37 AM

Welcome to what I hope will be an interesting collections of posts about our mutual hobby – chess. Although I have played chess since I was a teenager, I was poorly schooled in chess tactics until recently – in...

• Pillsbury's mate's Thumbnail

Pillsbury's mate

zhshiplu Apr 25, 2017, 4:05 AM

White to move                                                                                                                              ...

Online Now