960 chess

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search with Google

All Articles

Articles

• Chess Rivals Video Archive

IM DanielRensch Jan 20, 2016, 9:49 AM

Chess Rivals, Blindfold Battles and other streams are matches that take place online between the world's most popular and respected "Chess Streamers." This article is to serve as a historical record of those battles: Match...

• How To Save Chess

GM Gserper Aug 15, 2015, 3:25 AM

In 1920s, the world chess champion Jose Raul Capablanca was at the height of his career. He was so much better than anyone else that he was called "the chess machine" due to the merciless precision of his play. So...

• 277 hours to learn to think like a Chess Master?

NM aww-rats Oct 19, 2014, 8:07 PM

How much time do you have for chess? What is the best way to study? These are questions I pose in my Video Lesson 001 on YouTube. I created this video right before I became active at chess.com. Since that time,...

• Incredible chess.com groups to join!

NM aww-rats Sep 25, 2014, 9:00 AM

I've belonged to many groups in my 2.5 active years here, but these are the best on chess.com for what they offer you, the valued member of chess.com. The first two groups are far and away the best coaching groups...

• Q&A with Coach Heisman Jan 4, 2013

NM danheisman Jan 4, 2013, 8:18 PM

At the beginning of this week's show almost every question involved openings. Don't get me wrong; I think openings are important - it's the only part of the game which you are guaranteed to reach each time you play....

All Blogs

Blogs

• QUICK 960 TOURNAMENTS

adrian0405 Feb 1, 2017, 9:39 AM

I have created 2 new knockout tournaments, the February 960 open for all players and the February 960 INTERMEDIATE for players rated < 1500. Just 64 places in each and expected to fill very quickly . To register...

• Svidler on Carlsen-Karjakin, computers & more by Colin McGourty

sontu1296 Jan 6, 2017, 8:49 AM

There’s a week to go until the chess year kicks off in earnest on Saturday 14th January in Wijk aan Zee, with Peter Svidler commentating on the first seven rounds here on chess24. In a recent in-depth Russian interview...

• SCC Insanity 2016

WCM mkkuhner Jan 4, 2017, 10:16 PM

The year's-end Insanity tournament is held only rarely, when the stars align, New Years' falls on a weekend, and the TD is willing to stay up all night.  This year's iteration featured three events:  a day-long...

• RAR Match update: Exclusive Interview with RookSacrifice Part 2!

Joseph_Truelson Jan 3, 2017, 8:08 PM

As you all know, I am pretty lazy, so I will take what my (former) editor wrote in Part 1 of this blog and put it right here.  What was said earlier: [Picture taken from somewhere online. Who knows where. Search...

• Who Is Mr. Dubov? An interview with Daniil Dubov

Spektrowski Dec 31, 2016, 7:09 AM

I've already translated one interview by Daniil Dubov, but now that he'd finished third in the World Blitz Championship, I feel that the English-speaking chess community deserves to know more about this young Russian...

All News

News

• New Laws of Chess

SonofPearl Jul 6, 2009, 9:42 AM

The basic laws of chess hardly change at all through the years, but there can be a great deal of tinkering around the edges. The latest official FIDE laws of chess were published on 1 July, and contained a few...

=

Online Now