960 chess

Didn't find what you are looking for? Click here to search for "960 chess" on Google.

chess_guru960
chess_guru960
960cz
960cz

• Q&A with Coach Heisman Jan 4, 2013

At the beginning of this week's show almost every question involved openings. Don't get me wrong; I think openings are important - it's the only part of the game which you are guaranteed to reach each time you play. But this obsession with opening... | Read More

• Chess Olympiad Trivia

he first world team competition took place in Paris in 1924 to coincide with the Olympic Games. There were 54 players from 18 countries. Czechoslovakia won the Gold Medal. The Silver went to Hungary and the Bronze went to Switzerland. The indi... | Read More

• Chess960

I've taken a bit to playing 960 chess. It's fun, and a different starting position gives you so many new things to explore. It's even better than blitz or bullet . Well, maybe not hte blit z part. Today I wanted to show my latest effort, against... | Read More

• 960 chess/gula2 Elvy S

| Read More

• Chess.com Team Match Championship

Dear friends,im glad to announce you that a new team match championship will be starting soon! Anybody interested can register the teams by posting link of team and two admins! The link of the championship group will be posted later. It wil... | Read More

• Chess Olympiad Trivia

The first world team competition (called the Chess Olympic Games or Tournament of Nations) took place in Paris, France in July, 1924 to coincide with the 8th Summer Olympic Games. There were 55 players (one player later withdrew) from 18 countries... | Read More

• billwall
      • | Jun 15, 2014
      • | 10 comments
    • 960 chess

Hi all.....I am having trouble playing 960.....note comes up saying I need to change my rating seek range. I did....still get the note. Any ideas? Thankyou . | Read More

• seaesta
      • | Mar 25, 2014
      • | 2 comments

• En Passant

• 134 Reads
    • | 134 Reads

En passant (from French: "in passing") is a maneuver in chess which is performed after a player moves a pawn two squares forward from its starting position, and an opposing pawn captures it as if it had only moved one square.  En passant may ... Read More »

• Soltis, Andrew

• 13 Reads
    • | 13 Reads

Andrew (andy) Solits is an American grandmaster.  In 1979, Soltis began writing a monthly column called “Chess to Enjoy” for Chess Life magazine.  It is the longest running column in that magazine.  In 1980, Soltis was awarded the G... Read More »

• Mistakes that beginners make

• 17 Reads
    • | 17 Reads

Somebody once told me that people rated two thousand were horrible chess players.  They are what I would call beginners.  So if your rated two thousand or below (Or above) Don't feel bad!  World champion, Magnus Carleson (2850)  Is no better.... Read More »

• Divinsky, Nathan

• 12 Reads
    • | 12 Reads

Nathan Divinksy (1925-2012) was a Canadian chess master and played in several Canadian chess Olympiads.  He served as assistant dean of science at the University of British Columbia.  His former wife (1972-1983), Kim Campbell, was the 19th P... Read More »

• Danish Gambit

• 12 Reads
    • | 12 Reads

The Danish Gambit is an ultra-agressive opening for white. It is not commonly seen in tournament play since lines have been found to blunt it. It is still occasionally seen in amateur play though. In this gambit white sacks 3 pawns for one, hoping... Read More »