6/9/2012 - Reality Check

• 3 years ago · Quote · #41

briansladovich

EM1NEM wrote:

What upgangstaz

Cool ???

• 3 years ago · Quote · #42

daniel2852

Why does clicking on the puzzle redirect you to the forum? It should take you straight to this page, especially since it says "click to solve" not "click to go to the forum and find the puzzle yourself"

• 3 years ago · Quote · #43

dcremisi

If the rest of the daily puzzles are fives on a ten scale,  than this is definetly a 13!

• 3 years ago · Quote · #44

Norge2

this is a really nice puzzle. i applaud u chess.com... but not always...CoolSmile

• 3 years ago · Quote · #45

SNuG_as_a_RuG

why wouldn't the king just take the bishop?

• 3 years ago · Quote · #46

stephen_33

Got that one o/k but not immediately obvious. The quality of these puzzles is definitely improving   Smile

Edit: Why doesn't the king take the bishop ? - because then he loses his queen !

• 3 years ago · Quote · #47

chompu

easy

• 3 years ago · Quote · #48

netmater

I don't see how black can come out ahead if white responds to first move with 1.  ---, Qxd5

• 3 years ago · Quote · #49

Djazbin

Gotta see the third move...

• 3 years ago · Quote · #50

BryanCFB

netmater wrote:

I don't see how black can come out ahead if white responds to first move with 1.  ---, Qxd5

I guess you mean how white can come out ahead?  If 1...Qxd5 or 1...Bxd5 then 2. Qg7#.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #51

BryanCFB

Azkadazian wrote:
    sheardp wrote:

No one seems to have considered 1...Rxg2+, which is Black's best defence.

sheardp is right. Rxg2+ Kf1 Rg1+ Qxg1 Bxf7 Bxf7 Kxf7 and White has less of an advantage than the continuation implied by the puzzle.

That does appear to be the best defense for black, but white maintains a one pawn advantage and has eliminated a strong attack for black, which looked like good compensation for the pawn deficit.  Also white can proceed with Qa7+ followed by Qxa6, and at least for now has won a second pawn.

• 3 years ago · Quote · #52

JCE77

nice

• 3 years ago · Quote · #53

kana01

it took longer that it should have

• 3 years ago · Quote · #54

kana01

yay 62nd

• 3 years ago · Quote · #55

Ocky

Good