10/11/2018 - Aiming for the Corners

Ayxanchik

ok

Shannon_number

happy.png I've never seen a problem quite like this before. 

OwL_Omelette

Very Inspiring

vinaychawla69

Hare Krishna 

BryanCFB

zeuspalong

somekind of a deflection tactic

tylergraeber
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
tylergraeber wrote:

this puzzle is dumb is it not two moves to checkmate if you play 1. Qc8+ black plays either Re8 and you play 2. Qxc8+ and black mus play Kh7 and then your 3. Qh8# is a mate or you can skip the second step if their reaction to Qc8+ is Kh7 then you play Qh8#

No!! This is NOT DUMB. YOU’RE DUMB. Take a look at the Black Bishop on f5. I’ll show you something below:

1. Rc2!!! - triple deflection 

a) 1...Bxc2, 2. Qc8+ forcing checkmate 

b) 1...Rxc2, 2. Qe8+ forcing checkmate 

c) 1...Qxc2, 3. Qa8+ forcing checkmate 

Got it???? 

Yeah i set this up on a board at home and left out the dark square bishop wow sorry I started chess two weeks ago that doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it I deleted the comment almost immediately when i double checked and you still quoted it congrats on joining 8 years ago and having played no games bud

lalitaV

Esta bueno

bluerabbit6
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
treatb59 wrote:

bad puzzle 

Bad post

Bad life

independentzia
oso polita
SuperPatzer77
bluerabbit6 wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
treatb59 wrote:

bad puzzle 

Bad post

Bad life

Bluerabbit6 - quit complaining about this puzzle. Just for fun is all. We’ve gotta learn the complicated puzzles. Why complain??? Everyone has to learn how to analyze these puzzles. They can frustrate some of us. I learn from Susan Polgar. She encourages us to be patient solving them. 

bluerabbit6
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
bluerabbit6 wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
treatb59 wrote:

bad puzzle 

Bad post

Bad life

Bluerabbit6 - quit complaining about this puzzle. Just for fun is all. We’ve gotta learn the complicated puzzles. Why complain??? Everyone has to learn how to analyze these puzzles. They can frustrate some of us. I learn from Susan Polgar. She encourages us to be patient solving them. 

Just to tell you Patzer dude, this puzzle was the easiest I encountered in my life.

bluerabbit6

BTW if you like Minecraft, check out Rainimator's youtube channel!

SuperPatzer77

bluerabbit6 

SuperPatzer77 wrote:
bluerabbit6 wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
treatb59 wrote:

bad puzzle 

Bad post

Bad life

Just to tell you Patzer dude, this puzzle was the easiest I encountered in my life.

Cone off it!! These guys are awfully human. They sure can learn how to figure it out as chess beginner. Don’t be obnoxious!!! 

bluerabbit6
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
tylergraeber wrote:

this puzzle is dumb is it not two moves to checkmate if you play 1. Qc8+ black plays either Re8 and you play 2. Qxc8+ and black mus play Kh7 and then your 3. Qh8# is a mate or you can skip the second step if their reaction to Qc8+ is Kh7 then you play Qh8#

No!! This is NOT DUMB. YOU’RE DUMB. Take a look at the Black Bishop on f5. I’ll show you something below:

Got it???? 

NO SuperPatzer77 is dumb because they spent so much time posting unlike others who take just one minute, but I'm also dumb.......

SuperPatzer77
bluerabbit6 wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:

tylergraeber wrote:

Got it???? 

NO SuperPatzer77 is dumb because they spent so much time posting unlike others who take just one minute, but I'm also dumb.......

You think wrong!! I’m trying to help the other guys who are confused about the puzzle and tactics.

Nobody is perfect!!! 

FideiDefensor
proMNW wrote:

Do any of these puzzles ever show a complete finish ? Maybe Im missing something

Plenty of these end with checkmate. Plenty. Read moar.

fightingbob
viennacaver wrote:

Beautiful. It's easy as a tactics puzzle, but I certainly wouldn't spot the move in a game.

I never pay any attention to the clue, I merely noticed in this position a typical checkmating pattern for White.  I then worked backwards to find a way to deflect protection from the back rank.  I would have done the same thing in a game.  If you wouldn't have seen it, then how did you get to be an IM?  I think you're being modest.

fightingbob
m_connors wrote:

Black really has 3 choices: resign now, play poorly as in the puzzle, or play like crazy to delay the inevitable (and resign at any point along the way). Of the three, I'm guessing the puzzle option, play poorly, would be the last option chosen. Here's "playing like mad" to the very bitter end - 

1... Qxc2 (... Bd7 2. Qxd7 Rxg2+ 3. Rxg2 Qa8 4. Re2 Ne3 5. Rxe3 Qa2+ 6. Kg1 Qb1+ 7. Kf2 Qb2+ 8. Re2 f6 9. Rxb2 h4 10. Rxb5 hxg3+ 11. Kxg3 d5 12. Rb8#)

No one plays like this in an Over-the-Board tournament unless

1) the opponent is lower rated and doesn't understand being two pieces down for a mere pawn without some compensation is hopeless.  The higher rated player would want to crown him, so to speak, if it were just before the lunch break and there wasn't much time until the next round.

2) the opponent is much, much higher rated and fell into the trap.  He is gambling the neophyte on the other side of the board doesn't understand how to continue, particularly if there isn't much time left on the clock; he may blunder or offer a draw.

3) the opponent wants to get in a spite check or two before resigning.

4) the opponent is a complete schmuck who enjoys dragging out games because he can't admit the fellow across the board found a winning shot he didn't see  You know, make the guy pay for the win.

Let's just say no GM or IM would bother to continue; the game is over.