11/21/2020 - Bern After Solving

lerbium

Poor Royal Couple. A pair of knights is like a wasp swarm.

PotapovD

DavidFrankz

Connectedcloud

delphicodeman
ChrisStefan wrote:
delphicodeman wrote:

I would have taken checking pawn with the queen not the king.

In that case, you would have lost your Queen after White forks your King and Queen in the next move.

i see that now, thanks

okanBerke1

kurt seyner nasıl yazılıyor acaba.

yahu gene mi siz ulan gene mi siz

okanBerke1

trophies.pngfork.pngseni sis kebap yaptım

DavidFrankz

BryanCFB

PhoIsTasty

Can someone help me understand a choice. Why does black queen takes knight after moving D5 to B6. It's a very obvious bait with a fork follow up. Wouldn't queen to A4 taking pawn and putting white in check be a better move? Or even King to B6 taking knight?

BryanCFB
PhoIsTasty wrote:

Can someone help me understand a choice. Why does black queen takes knight after moving D5 to B6. It's a very obvious bait with a fork follow up. Wouldn't queen to A4 taking pawn and putting white in check be a better move? Or even King to B6 taking knight?

After the zugzwang (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zugzwang) inducing 3. Nb6!! no matter what black plays white wins.  Your first example of 3...Qxa4+ simply loses to 4. Nxa4+.  And your second example of 3...Kxb6 loses to 4. Nc4+ followed by 5. Nxa5. 

Check the analysis diagram right above your comment for a more detailed explanation.  Basically every time a white knight forks black's king and queen, white wins.  In the diagram I didn't play the lines out any further than the forks.  And I also left out any moves that would clearly lose the queen for a knight or nothing.

BryanCFB

Is this study considered at all flawed because white has two winning moves after 3...Kd6?

manolab

Fatto!