11/30/2019 - Please Stay on the Line

Erick_Nyabota

Wonderful👍👍👍

BryanCFB
Samhain_OG wrote:

So dumb Kd5 then Kc7 mate. ALSO Bd5 gets a free pawn AND covers the entire diagonal to the promoting square. Asinine. Sorry...

If 1. Nd5?? then 1...a5, and black wins as black's king now has an escape square on a7 (2. Nc7+ Ka7) and none of white's tricks work, not to mention the knight on d5 prevents white's bishop from going there, a vital square for that bishop in the winning line.

Also if 1. Bd5?? then again 1...a5 wins for the same reason as above (2. Bxb7+ Ka7 (3. Bxe4 axb4), black wins).

BryanCFB
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
SamCopeland wrote:

This is not a win! Now Black just needs to time out, and the server will declare it a draw...

What do you mean, This is not a win?? It’s a sure win for White because White puts Black in the mating net.

He knows that white is winning but he's referring to how the computer will decide the outcome if black just refuses to move.  Admittedly though I don't know why the computer would declare it a draw if white has forced mate.

introuble2

not so hard but really beautiful idea!!!!!

StevenPatzer

Happy Birthday, Champ

Ratiti

Nice. Solved

MrJafari

It's chess magic and not often!

mvallejo70

Done

SuperPatzer77
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
SamCopeland wrote:

This is not a win! Now Black just needs to time out, and the server will declare it a draw...

What do you mean, This is not a win?? It’s a sure win for White because White puts Black in the mating net.

He knows that white is winning but he's referring to how the computer will decide the outcome if black just refuses to move.  Admittedly though I don't know why the computer would declare it a draw if white has forced mate.

I see. Sometimes chess computer sucks at the endgame like this. 

BryanCFB
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
SamCopeland wrote:

I see. Sometimes chess computer sucks at the endgame like this. 

Yeah.  From what I've noticed the engine provided by Chess.com occasionally makes its endgame evaluations based on material rather than position but it doesn't miss forced mates.

GlowingAirline

Smart kid

raymondpotato

zugzwang!!

holmos17

ok