Chess - Play & Learn

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

11/17/2011 - The Ultimate Breakthrough

don't feel that ultimate, got it on my first glance

Similar view different mate.

very eazy

After the last two puzzles I've been seeing rooks in my sleep.

what page you are on is irrelevant - participants are in all time zones.

ok puzzle

Clever chess.com. I also thought this was the same puzzle as yesterday...just with a different title; but that g-pawn is one square down. So I suppose when you compare the two, the previous puzzle reflects the missed opportunity to mate in 2 moves as this one clearly demonstrates.

Easy....but nice...

When in doubt, sac the queen.

shaandar !

I feel so stupid. I thought this was the same problem from yesterday and they did not post anything. I was watching tv in the middle of the night and thought I could post it in the first ten this time. I was totally fooled. Anyway, this puzzle is really nice. It took me about 5 min to get the answer but gave a lot of satisfaction after figuring out. It was nice that they did not post the minimum number of moves.

paulified22 wrote:
    puzzlescot wrote:

How to solve a daily puzzle:

1) sacrifice your Queen

2) look for easy mate.

You are right about sacing Q to solve daily puzzle,as was the case again today,Incredibill taught me that about puzzle,and it ussually works about 99% of time,but today I didn't take the sac the Q route,did not think it was necasary today,I know in real game I do not think i would sac Q,there were other lines to follow to mate,so I tried other line I thought had mate possibillities without sacing Q,but I was wrong,so I plan on sacing Q again when in doubt,good advice for everyone on sacing Q,most people who do puzzle know that,but thank's for your advice

Check the post #32. There are other lines for check mate in 3.

AskVarg wrote:

Same puzzle?

EDIT: Nvm! It looked simlar:p easy tho..

Got me 2

nice, again.

This puzzle is silly easy, and white is up a queen + activity anyway...they should put something more interesting on the homepage.

yeah, ultimate mate ate te e

how about Rh6? and then proceed  to +Qf6?

Online Now