11/24/2007 - Magnificent Mate in 7

DailyFun
Drag the pieces to solve!
StacyBearden
Crazee.
McBuff

Wow.

Well, I got the first move... And the last three or so... But didn't get the stuff in between.

1red5a

nice

Laughing 

keith105
A nightmare. I could see the last moves, just not one ones leading up to itSurprised
dazmonduk
yay that was quite easy:)
saint_mary
nice...I like it
xalways
excellent!! but the theme is common and can be predicted right away.
arp001
Oh!!What all sacrifises in the puzzle!!The puzzle was very hard.But i solved it.Laughing
YuvalW

Why ther's a pawn promotion?

rj011788
wow!!! magnificent!!!
vishalpnp1984
how can u guys think this muchInnocent...but supererb
Don1
Boring304 wrote:

it does seem an unnecessary move!?

saw Black had a mate in 2 threat with his Q, knew the solution would have to be something dynamic, but got nowhere near that sacrificial menagerie although it is quite logical except for the pawn promtion(?)!

wanted to play 1 Rh6 missed that 1 Rh5 also threatened mate. 

Fianghetto
Don1 wrote: Boring304 wrote:

saw Black had a mate in 2 threat with his Q, knew the solution would have to be something dynamic, but got nowhere near that sacrificial menagerie although it is quite logical except for the pawn promtion(?)!

Second rook sacrifice and pawn promotion prevents the black queen from coming to kings rescue (black bishop blocking 8th rank), if white goes for mate without promotion then: 3.Bc6 Qh8 4.Bxa4 Kxa4 5.Ka2 Qb8 and white has lost.

LloydG
Why do I play this gaqme ? i missed every move hahahaha
Fellippo
It was not so easy for me.
Super_Hans
dailypuzzle wrote: Drag the pieces to solve!

making those kind of sacrifices at that stage in the game you would need an extremely gullible opponent not to realise what you were up to - and I didn't even get the first move

gander

my hat is off to any one that solved that. How could you see all the sacrifices?

Don1
Fianghetto wrote: Don1 wrote: Boring304 wrote:

Second rook sacrifice and pawn promotion prevents the black queen from coming to kings rescue (black bishop blocking 8th rank), if white goes for mate without promotion then: 3.Bc6 Qh8 4.Bxa4 Kxa4 5.Ka2 Qb8 and white has lost.

thanks, i thought it had to be something like that. that 1 tempo is very important!

nddyck
wow i would think the opponent would see that something was up.  it is interesting how it all fit together but it wasnt forced or anything