12/14/2019 - Waltzing Matilda

SuperPatzer77
mattm1972 wrote:

Great puzzle... I made as far as Dane did when he said he got stuck, so if he can get stuck, I don't feel too bad about it, I also had eyed the followup with the idea of setting up the discovered check and winning the queen, but I gave up unfortunately there

Yes, indeed!! I made two mistakes - Dang it - 😂!! I actually overlooked the discovered checks which are big key plays. 

Joeyz1234

Wwed2seed 

Fayez

That's the beauty of chess!!!

MichaelKuby
llib2 wrote:

How do you guys count solved?  If you make an error, do you call it solved if you get it on a later try?

I only count as solved if I get it on the first try. Otherwise, if it was a real game, you'd be toast.

mattm1972
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
mattm1972 wrote:

Great puzzle... I made as far as Dane did when he said he got stuck, so if he can get stuck, I don't feel too bad about it, I also had eyed the followup with the idea of setting up the discovered check and winning the queen, but I gave up unfortunately there

Yes, indeed!! I made two mistakes - Dang it - 😂!! I actually overlooked the discovered checks which are big key plays. 

I thought there must be something like that because I couldn't see any other way to deal with the pawn, I was trying to move the rook with checks over to put it on the same file but the king defended so nicely and I got stuck, the discovered check may be my favorite chess tactic, it can so be stunning and demoralizing for the opponent, familiar with the windmill tactic? 

Fayez

Illusive 

Joeyz1234

Ffdugyohhvw

Noobydee93

Too much man, too much.

Joeyz1234

Efwgggggregstgrertergsrtbdrhgd eddrswe bon vor 

holmos17

nice

Joeyz1234

Lookkkkiijiuhhu7nhyhn