12/6/2011 - Mate in 3

dufferps

I've been distracted lately.  I started writing that this was a Monday puzzle and was easier than yesterday's Sunday puzzle.  But now I realize it is Tuesday already.  It is getting tough to tell what day it is from the difficulty of the daily puzzle.

the_dark_raider

Done

pbazan

Very easy

Easeland

Easy does it!Smile The Queen sacrifice once and againWink and the rest was obvious.Laughing

Hokkanen

Like it :=)

Zadmoosa

so damn hard

mcansif

Easy done in first.... tks..

MercAbba
Shahryar_Radan wrote:

There are solutions for black that resolve in many more moves, and possibly weasling out of a problem. For instance, Ra5-Ra5 and then moving the h pawn forward.

McMouse
ranrod wrote:

though I want to improve and think critically about these puzzles, I couldn't help but think, "how do I sacrifice the queen this time?"

+1

PAWNAROUND

Nh6 first move..Why lose the Q?

1chessking

You didn't need to sacrifice the queen for the mate but good puzzle.

robinkae

I like this one!

Gil-Gandel
PAWNAROUND wrote:

Nh6 first move..Why lose the Q?

1. Nh6 Be7 seems to hold the line - there's no mate on g8 or f7, and if White plays 2. Rxe7?? he loses.

rdynabll

Another Queen sack. I wish that would happen in one of my games. I guess they are trying to show how to set it up, but I either usually end up with a winning queen, queen trade, or a loss.

godbobby

got it!!!!!!!

CrA5HD4Y

Why do i always have to sacrifice my queen? If I hadn't it would've been Mate in 2... (rook e8 -> rook f8 -> mate in 2 without having to sacrifice my queen -.-)

reffahc

nice

Gm_andrewfeng

Q sac

ricker23

Another Queen sac!Smile

pro-life77

easy