12/8/2012 - White to Play and Draw

Disgruntled_Sheep

Why exactly are people complaining about 4.Bb3??? Has anyone looked at White's next move after the king takes the bishop? Or should I say, lack of moves....

stephen_33
fdlrtom wrote:
stephen_33 wrote:
fdlrtom wrote:

OK, it seems to me that on move 5 black could have advanced the E pawn instead of moving the king. There was no stalemate as long as the bishop could still move. I don't see how white could have prevented a pawn promotion after that.

Post #98 explains that & many other variations very well !

I don't see how it explains an ything. Black does not have to move the king since he is not in check. White is not in stalemate as long as he can move the bishop. The black e pawn can advance to promotion. Can anyone explain why not?

Didn't really want to spell this out but here's what you are suggesting...



The white king doesn't have to be in stalemate for this to be a draw.It's a draw when neither player can mate the other!

There's no way that Black can promote the e-file pawn & if you think there is, please show how...

shahrokh1975

nice

ZZamboni

what about 4. ... KxB?

chess_karma

Stalemate

tao585

Got me thinking. Smile

buggie111
Disgruntled_Sheep wrote:

Why exactly are people complaining about 4.Bb3??? Has anyone looked at White's next move after the king takes the bishop? Or should I say, lack of moves....

Ahhh....always a weakness of mind, finding stalemates....

stm01

nice

PIRATCH

Can somone help, why 8 Bd1 does not do the same as 8 Bb5+?

Is it the square d3, that is not controlled? Undecided

Disgruntled_Sheep
PIRATCH wrote:

Can somone help, why 8 Bd1 does not do the same as 8 Bb5+?

Is it the square d3, that is not controlled? 

What is the follow up move? It seems to lose to me



davideoli97

Nice, it's the only way to draw!

PIRATCH
Disgruntled_Sheep wrote:
PIRATCH wrote:

Can somone help, why 8 Bd1 does not do the same as 8 Bb5+?

Is it the square d3, that is not controlled? 

What is the follow up move? It seems to lose to me




Even with King + Bishop you cannot win! :D

MinutManOfSkolastika

That's tough! I had to get the solution.

Wind

I MISSED some but IT WAS very NICE

clinton30
[COMMENT DELETED]
shengyi

Great puzzle!

ZZamboni

KxBishop - nothing stopping that, as tons of people have seen already, and then black queens one of the pawns - leading rapidly to checkmate.  

No stalemate!  

Especially not if the Bishop sits next to the black King!

SayuSan

oh my cheese holy macorony

             easy

PIRATCH
ZZamboni wrote:

KxBishop - nothing stopping that, as tons of people have seen already, and then black queens one of the pawns - leading rapidly to checkmate.  

No stalemate!  

Especially not if the Bishop sits next to the black King!

Look at the position after KxB! What move does White's king have?

Right! None = Stalemate!!! Laughing

Especially not if you take the Bishop with Black's King - there will be no White's Bishop anymore to move!

Be sure at those puzzles, if they were not correct, there were many posts stating the puzzle is not correct. This puzzle is correct. Just take your time to study it.

henny45

Smile