1/4/2012 - Mate in 5

WickedGamesWePlay
Drecon wrote:

At the risk of sounding repetitive: There should be loads of puzzles out there that don't involve queen sacrifices. Seriously, I don't even have to look for the first move anymore, saccing the queen is an automatic first move. Doesn't sound very much like chess to me?

I know, lol........I keep sacrificing my queens and I always lose!  I don't get it....... :}.  But I like the puzzle anyway, it was cute and not something most would consider unless of course they knew that it was a puzzle.

metalcsg

Great puzzle! That queen sac made the whole breakthrough. Really good one!

dufferps
dufferps wrote:

I first wanted to move 1. Qc7+ followed by advancing my pawn to d8.  Daily puzzle rejected that, and rightfully so.  I didn't have a spare tempo to advance the pawn. Black could answer with a devestating attack on g2. (I might be able to defend it with Qg3, but my attack would be hopelessly busted. Surely no mate in five).

Still, I want to go back and see just how it might work out if I continued with Qc7+.  I'll post again after checking out some continuations from that.

I did "play it out" starting with 1.Qf7+  --  White won in a very long game.  There is plenty of room for variations, and I may have missed some "best" moves for black (and for white).  But I come away pretty well convinced that there was no way for black to avoid the loss.  Here is the line I found:

I actually found several variations on this, but had trouble entering them on an analysis board.  The outcome was always a win for white.

HYDRALOS3R

itts okay

abekiroz

ohhhhh nice

m_majid_khan

m_majid_khan

nice

atafali_altaf

very nice

onefineham

Awesome

Twobit

Nice bishop swing...

vslakshmi

Learnable puzzle for me . Lot of thanks .

cfrench49

Excellent puzzle.

Patatoes3

Different check mate move queen to C7 then king can't take because of the pawn then move queen to C8 and check mate.

beedissle

Nice sac for mate!!!

DRAGON
Check# With The Queen! Biship MAte!

DRAGON

LOOK FOR THE MATE!

sinar77

nice

slowhare
dufferps wrote:
dufferps wrote:

I first wanted to move 1. Qc7+ followed by advancing my pawn to d8.  Daily puzzle rejected that, and rightfully so.  I didn't have a spare tempo to advance the pawn. Black could answer with a devestating attack on g2. (I might be able to defend it with Qg3, but my attack would be hopelessly busted. Surely no mate in five).

Still, I want to go back and see just how it might work out if I continued with Qc7+.  I'll post again after checking out some continuations from that.

I did "play it out" starting with 1.Qf7+  --  White won in a very long game.  There is plenty of room for variations, and I may have missed some "best" moves for black (and for white).  But I come away pretty well convinced that there was no way for black to avoid the loss.  Here is the line I found:

see my post #88 page 5

DRAGON

Classic QUeen Sak!

sergandhi

shubiduuubiduuuuu