4/17/2020 - Are We There Yet?

DailyFun
chessant2014

Solved.

SpartanYoda

Stay safe, stay positive, this too shall pass ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿคœ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿค›๐Ÿผ

Kinghunter_99

Third! That is one powerful Bishopย grin.png

Some clever manoeuvring by white here... I admit it took me a few attempts happy.png. Analysis hidden below - highlight to reveal!

1. Qxd1 Rxd1 (exchanging the pinned Queen with black's active Queen.)
  2. c7 Rh1+ (Threatening to promote. With the Bishop guarding c1 and the Pawn itself guarding d7, black can only avoid the promotion by giving check.)
  3. Bh4 Rc1 (Blocking the check is necessary as any King move will allow Rh8 preventing promotion.)
  4. Be1+ Kb5 (Again preventing the capture of the c7 Pawn. If black captures the Bishop with Rxc1 white will immediately promote the c7 Pawn. Stockfish actually prefers Rxe1 as this would lead to a Queen vs Rook endgame rather than a Queen & Bishop vs Rook endgame. But black is allowed to make mistakes I guessย happy.png.)
  5. Bc3 Rh1+ (From here the Bishop is both preventing the immediate capture of the passed Pawn, and guarding h8. Black can only give check again.)
  6. Kg6 (The only square. After ...Rg1+ 7. Kf7 white's king is also guarding the eighth rank. The c7 Pawn cannot be stopped from promoting, e.g. ...Rg1+ 7. Kf7 Rf1+ 8. Kxe7 and white has no more sensible checks and no way of stopping the Pawn promotion.ย 
attackforce666

oi oi

neal889

Hello

AacarlosDeeDeeRobins

thumbup.png

Ompompanoosuc

ok

Kroontjehenk58

Yes

MonsterZero9095

Page one..once again

ez though

Peternimrod

Solved

Simanovich

Solved

vova200508

yes

PaulBrennan

First page. Have a nice day and stay home!

PeilinOisin

9th for the first time

ย 

kimilao01

first page

delobo

d

PeilinOisin

First page for the first time.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’Ž

MarcoDiazz

cool fp

PranavIN2000