4/9/2020 - Open House

SuperPatzer77
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
ChampiJP24 wrote:

Por que las negras no comen a la reina blanca?

Read BryanCFB’s comment and analysis under #364

You've tried every method conceivable to explain what happens after 1...Kxf8 and it just doesn't seem to be getting through.

These doughnuts gave me a hard time because they have lack of concentration. I bet my boots the chess folks with ELO 1200 or below sure can solve it. 

ZY914

BryanCFB
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
ChampiJP24 wrote:

You've tried every method conceivable to explain what happens after 1...Kxf8 and it just doesn't seem to be getting through.

These doughnuts gave me a hard time because they have lack of concentration. I bet my boots the chess folks with ELO 1200 or below sure can solve it. 

You're right.  After 1...Kxf8 the follow-up requires only two moves and those two moves practically play themselves.  This seems to indicate a lack of confidence upon coming across a material sacrifice, or at least a major material sacrifice, such as a queen.  I don't think it's laziness because what is the advantage to asking for the solution and not trying to solve it themselves?

SuperPatzer77
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
ChampiJP24 wrote:

You're right.  After 1...Kxf8 the follow-up requires only two moves and those two moves practically play themselves.  This seems to indicate a lack of confidence upon coming across a material sacrifice, or at least a major material sacrifice, such as a queen.  I don't think it's laziness because what is the advantage to asking for the solution and not trying to solve it themselves?

Yes, exactly!! 

By the way, Happy Passover to you!!

BryanCFB
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
SuperPatzer77 wrote:
ChampiJP24 wrote:

Yes, exactly!! 

By the way, Happy Passover to you!!

Thank you.  And may you enjoy your Easter!

luergibuergi

Can someone tell me why after the first move black king doesnt take queen??

SuperPatzer77
luergibuergi wrote:

Can someone tell me why after the first move black king doesnt take queen??

This puzzle is very confusing and awfully tricky.

After 6...Kxg8, White can win the two other pieces (a bishop first and then a rook). See below:

1. Qxf8+!!!

a) 1...Kxf8?, 2. Rd8+ Ke7, 3. Re8#

b) 1...Kh7 (only move), 2. Be4+! g6, 3. Bxg6+!! fxg6 (3...Kxg6?, 4. Qg8#), 4. Qe7+ Kh8 (only move), 5. Rd8+ Qg8, 6. Rxg8+ Kxg8

See the analysis after 6...Kxg8:

7. Qd8+! Kf7, 8. Qc7+ Ke6, 9. Qxc8+ Ke7, 10. Qc7+ Ke8, 11. Qc6+ Ke7, 12. Qd6+ (then winning the Black Rook on a2). Look —> (12...Ke8, 13. Qe6+ wins the rook) (12...Kf7, 13. Qd5+ wins the rook) 

1-0

koroshabdoli

واقعا هدف از این بازیهای آبکی برای مشاهده واشتراک چیست؟؟؟؟

koroshabdoli

بازی بچه گول زن

sdtmcn

1.Qxf8+ Kxf8

2.Rd8+ Ke7

3.Re8 mate.

holmos17

ok

NaviekaJaiswal