6/9/2009 - Exploiting the Opening

DailyFun
themonsteriam

BOOYAKASHA. I don't like running the queen around the board so early like that.

silentfilmstar13

I'll get you, Marc!

Athanasios

bonzai!

Golbat

Another Chessgames puzzle... Tuesday puzzle at that, which should correspond to about Thursday level here on chess.com.

themonsteriam
silentfilmstar13 wrote:

I'll get you, Marc!

Haha. Gotta be quicker on the draw.

Uomoviso

nice

Kacparov

Themonsteriam, how do you do it so quickly?

jalali

nice tnx

turn

Hey! I'm on first page!

etarnal

n1

themonsteriam
Kacparov wrote:

Themonsteriam, how do you do it so quickly?

I developed a program that runs via a widget on my toolbar, and around 11:45 I turn it on and it starts scanning this website for changes in the daily puzzles link. I designed an algorithm to add a comment (which I provide when I turn the widget on at 11:45 and edit later as it pertains to the puzzle) when the puzzle changes from the current day to the following one. So, the widget is constantly refreshing the page every second from the time I turn it on to the time the puzzle changes and autofills my comment and submits it for me. This way, on the days I actually remember to turn it on, I'm always first to comment.

Sike!

Kacparov

Well, I kept refreshing it every second. When it appeared, I quiclky wrote "1" and submitted the comment. And I was 3rd (yesterday 2nd)...

estguy

I think you should spread your program around. We should start with a modest aim of 100 users having it and supplying their comment within the first second of the puzzle appearing.

We should keep it up until we reach 1,000 comments within the first second. Couldn't the program be modified then to comment on all of the new posts in chess.com? I think it would be fun if everyone who posts here would be guaranteed at least 1,000 comments immediately. I always feel sort of sorry for those who have posted here and then 1-2 days later there still isn't a single comment.

If the program was made an obligatory part of registering in chess.com, every post in the forum would receive comments from absolutely every user! This would elevate the community to new heights in quality.

Kacparov

But it would be hard to find helpful comments having 1000 to look through...

chiripaka

I would like to know why is it important to comment "first" or second etc.

Fretless

But it's always risky to take out the queen so early don't you think ?

Kacparov

Just for fun :)

illini977

how did white's bishop get there

yes!! i like openings :D