9/16/2020 - If You Insist...

thientrucle

very easy

KVArun7512

Cool_Shark

ballcatballcat

hmmm... the black knight could have finished the white queen at move 2. right?

younes_fallahzadeh

happy.png.

risky33068

solved

djdc100
dufferps wrote:

The tough decision (for me) was the decision to move 2.Qh8+ -- I didn't want to sacrifice my Queen -

I saw various ways to avoid Queen Sacrifice - Qxa8,  Qxg7 - They didn't look good.

But I couldn't see anything better for move 2. I had looked at 2.Nxd5, but with my Queen at h7, black could simply move 2. ...  Qe1+ and it got messy.  So 2.Qh8+ it was..  Then the Knight fork jumped out at me, and we traded Queens and I ended up with a chance to go a bishop ahead - though black retains 4 well placed pawns to my 3 vulnerable pawns.  With the Queens gone, that Bishop is a pretty potent advantage.  Is it enough for a win?

I think the compromised position of the Black Knight stuck in the corner and unable to move is a big factor. The King can't cross over to help it out and the Rook is stuck to the back rank for now to avoid the White Rook coming down trapping the Knight, which would leave Black two pieces down and a sure loss. Black has to tread carefully to avoid losing quickly. White has some work to do, but it may not be as difficult as it might first appear.

HDiChess

Nice

jonathanli888

hi

Furiousdragons
solved
orenzmendoza

solved

millimop

I agree with ballcatballcat, just take the queen with the knight.

Scientific_Star

hmm

Anatoly1934

Oh... it was so complex

Alfredito52

Easy....Qh7+...Kf8...Qh8+...Ke7...Nxd5+...follows by Nxe3 and Nxg4 with piece up

Parlee

Sweet

M4_SE

easy money