Forums

2015 Team Tennessee Champion's Tournament

Sort:
Opus360
I would like to start a discussion about the upcoming 2015 Team Tennessee intra-squad tournament. When I first took over as SA of Team Tennessee, I wanted to keep the annual tournament going so I started the 2013 tournament in August of 2013. That was a rookie mistake; that tournament just finished in December of 2014. In fact, the 2014 tournament just finished a few days after the 2013 tournament, so I am interested I getting next year's tournament, 2015, started in time to be able to finish in 2015. So, it looks like we will start the 2015 tournament no later than March and that the format will follow the same as the 2014 tournament. That is: all Team Tennessee members are welcome and invited to play, 48 hours per move, 1 simultaneous game, with 2 players advancing from each group. How does this sound to everyone? And oh yes, I will try and scrounge up some nifty trophies for the three winners. Let me know your thoughts on this and if you like the current format, or would rather play using different criteria. And by the way, if you haven't yet checked out the trophy case of FrankWho, or rdw73, or chessbud, you might want to look at those first place trophies; it might get you excited about next year's tournament. Steve
MackGarner

Starting both games at same time speeds tourney up a lot.  Yu should be able to use 3 days /move time limit with no problems

DomDeDomDom

I agree with MackGarner on both points.