Forums

Topalov vs. Kamsky match!!

Sort:
fischer-inactive

Congratulations to American GM Gata Kamsky on winning the FIDE World Cup! He will now play a match against Veselin Topalov for the right to challenge the winner of the Anand-Kramnik match for the World Championship.

Personally, I think it's incredible that Gata has come back to play at such a high level after such a long layoff. I still think that Topalov will win, but Kamsky is certainly capable of pulling off an upset considering all of his previous match experience from years ago.

What are your predictions? 

avdel
I think Kamsky can win!
kanon
i think Topalov isn't playing at his best as he used to last year or two years ago, and the way Kamsky has won the World Cup is certainly impressing. So, I don't have a clear favorite here. It's going to be a tough battle!
oginschile

Kamsky is certainly in great form. Topalov is so hard to predict. Topa has certainly provided some of the most exciting chess over the last couple of years.

I'm torn on this one. Part of me wants to see Kamsky win, and a BIG part of me does not want to see a Topalov Kramnik rematch. But a Kamsky Kramnik match just doesn't have an attractive ring to it.

I think best case scenario for me would be Kamsky v Anand for the big enchilada. Either way, both of these preliminary matches will be a lot of fun to watch!

fleiman
I think Topalov is stronger. Kamsky lost the match to Gelfand not long ago.
ericmittens

I'm rooting for Kamsky because Topalov is an ass.

Still, I think its looking good for Topalov, his opening prep is better. 

pushingwood
Topalov will win.  I agree with ericmittens that Topa is now an ass, it's a shame, he used to be my favorite player, but his stupid accusations of cheating cost him my respect.  I would love to see another Kramnik-Topalov match or Anand-Topalov.  Go Anand, it's about time he became world champion!
dalmatinac
Topalov will win.