Forums

Chess Notation Devices?

Sort:
Trapper4

Hi,

I have noticed in the last tournament I played that all of the people I played used a small handheld device to notate. I asked one of them how much it costs and he said that it cost $100 for a new one and $50 for used, he bought the used. It was a black device he had, and it looked very nice...I searched all over the internet, but I dont know what its called. Ive found MonRoi, but I think that they are very overpriced. I also found eNotate, but that cost $140 and its not that good quality. Can someone please give me suggestions what this device the kids were using?

Thanks! Smile

ivandh

I use one, graphics aren't great but you can't beat the price. I think it's called paper.

netzach

Graphics pretty-good with 2H pencil.

http://www.sell.com/27B1TC

Trapper4

Paper? Its just called paper? Can you please give me some more information about it so I can google it?

Thanks

batgirl

:-D

Paddestoel

Bic Matic

TadDude

[COMMENT DELETED - I should learn to read.]

ivandh
Trapper4 wrote:

Paper? Its just called paper? Can you please give me some more information about it so I can google it?

Thanks

Here is a wikipedia article about it (click the link).

Trapper4

Everyone has there moments. XD

Wilbert_78
[COMMENT DELETED]
Rumpelstiltskin

hahahahaha... cant stop laughing!! 

Rumpelstiltskin

the monroi is aproved by FIDE, USCF, and the other one i cant remeber it... it looks good, and u can sign in the device and ask your oponent for his signature, its actualy pretty cool!  

Trapper4

@netzach Do you only need that item without installing any chess softwares?

netzach
Trapper4 wrote:

@netzach Do you only need that item without installing any chess softwares?

No i think you need software also eNotate or something not absolutely sure..

Think that is the device (dell-axim) mentioned in post 12 ?

So software may be around $25.

Trapper4

@netzach I searched the item you reccomended to me in the link. I clicked on the ebay one, and I notice that the description of most of them doesnt mention ANYTHING about chess. Im wondering if you have to install some software for extra money?

netzach
Trapper4 wrote:

@netzach I searched the item you reccomended to me in the link. I clicked on the ebay one, and I notice that the description of most of them doesnt mention ANYTHING about chess. Im wondering if you have to install some software for extra money?

yeah think you def. need the eNotate-software too.. ($25 approx again maybe even cheaper if available eBay)

http://www.nachess.org/enotate/learn-buy

Rumpelstiltskin

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009YXD1U/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used    

Trapper4

@netzach so your saying it cost $25 to buy eNotate by itself or both? Can someone give me a link to the best deal available? Thanks! Smile (@jonravid i think that seller isn't good he has 77% feedback and it is a heck of alot cheaper than all the others :P)

Rumpelstiltskin

the first one is just the manual!!! haha... but the oder one looks good!

Trapper4

Wait, which ones do you mean by "the first one" and "the oder one"?