Forums

Unable to access any lessons

Sort:
TheRealMorik

I just signed up for a diamond membership, but am unable to access any lessons.

When I click the "Start Training" button, I get this error on the page that pops up (this is the URL: "http://www.chess.com/chessmentor/goto_next_lesson.html?new_mode=intelligent")

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.chess.com/chessmentor/goto_next_lesson.html?new_mode=intelligent. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

If I instead pull up the demo lesson (listed under recent lessons), I can click "Next Lesson", which asks me my experience level, but clicking continue just brings me back to the first lesson again. (And clicking next lesson asks me again about my experience level).

Please help!

I'm running windows 7, and chrome 18.
TheRealMorik

It does work on my macbook. Would still like to get it working on my desktop.

kohai

When you see that error, are you accessing chess mentor from a bookmark or the Learn/chess mentor pages ?

TheRealMorik

Not from a bookmark. I go to www.chess.com, hover over the learn button, select chess mentor, and then click "start training".

And as mentioned, if I instead pull up a previous lesson, it works fine for that lesson, but clicking next lesson does not work--it kept looping between my only previous lesson and the page asking me about my chess experience level.

On my macbook clicking "start training" worked fine. I haven't tried on my desktop since--I imagine bringing up a previous lesson may loop in some new and interesting way now that there are multiple previous lessons, instead of just the single demo lesson I was able to bring up.

Also of note--during the demo lesson on my windows desktop, after successful mate, I got an error popup with an ajax error--I posted in the other thread, the one about runtime errors. I do not get any errors on my macbook.

TheRealMorik

Hmm, so I tried again from my desktop (after successfully accessing them from my macbook, using the same steps I tried on my desktop previously).

This time it worked fine--maybe the bug is only affecting something in the initial setup? (I'm not even getting the ajax error popup on mate anymore... maybe its only on the free lesson demo?)

mubuenas

Hello, i have a problem with chess mentor, and i dont know how to contact the chess stuff for resolve it. I cant do the 3 free lessons per day, because when i try do the daily lessons, the chess mentos shows me the same lessons I've already done, always the same one!!!