Forums

Aggressive Response to 4...Nf6 in the Scotch

Sort:
The_Gavinator

Or he can just play 5. Ne2 and win. 1400's on chesscube are like 1100's here, chesscube is usually like 300 inflated from this site.

The_Gavinator

Example:

Ben_Dubuque

your opponent blundered

also My line doesn't loose material.

The_Gavinator

But in your line black can only use rook and night while white uses everything to destroy kingside and black can do nothing about it.

Helzeth

^
that's what my attacking friend would have done and he would have crushed you in ten moves. This is what I would have done:

I hate it when bad people try to refute the parham. It's so annoying.

You're making me defend a line which I find horrible, stop giving bad refutation attempts, jetfighter.

geh, who*
Pulling another allnighter, final exams~

edit edit: you know what, even I, the person who fears attacking the most and has sadly drawn countless games because I sometimes refuse to take the initiative would most likely go for the h4-h5 plan instead. I'm pretty sure I could beat a grandmaster in that position by doing that. Not that it's saying much since it is a lost position after all.

''black is won''

WHY DO YOU WRITE YOUR POSTS?! gah!

The_Gavinator

Spoken like a true Russian.

Helzeth

I should add that instead of re8 instantly(a mistake) you should add in h6 first, either forcing a capture(getting rid of the pin) or making the bishop go to h4 where the h4-h5 attack will then be delayed. perhaps a regrouping will work then.

I still think white holds an advantage with c5 after h6 bh4 re8 c5. A long term one with structural superiority due to the weakness of the d pawn.

So yeah, the move you suggested, re8, was even worse of a mistake than bxc4 was.

finalunpurez

Russian domination! :P

Ben_Dubuque

Dumb Russians, h5 seems like a great responce to h4, ever heard of the soltis variation of the Dragon.

Black looks fine to me

CHCL

This topic is on the Scotch, not the Parham.

Ben_Dubuque

I play the KG, not the scotch, because I like tempo and I don't care if I have to go a pawn down to get it, also I was thinking that it was a good Idea to try, I still think that h6 before the Bg5 pin is a good Idea, also I think that instead of trading bishops, Na5 has to be tried, I was just using what the position gave me, it was from a game and I am trying to atleast get Black to a decent endgame.

Ben_Dubuque

stop it with a pawn or piece, and take out the rear one then the front will fall,  also down a pawn is draw able, its just you have to beware of any tactical shots.

Helzeth

''Dumb russians, h5 is a great response to h4''

YEAH. BECAUSE DOING PAWN MOVES WHERE YOU ARE WAY WEAKER ALWAYS TURNS OUT WELL WHEN YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO COUNTERPLAY!

You're driving me nuts. You are WRONG. I don't mean this as in ''I disagree'' you are completely and undoubedly WRONG. Every single line you provide loses material or suffers in some way. All your statements on the position so far have been wrong. ''BLACK WILL WIN BECAUSE OF GREATER STRUCTURE''.
When proven how horrible you are you say ''OH IT'S A DRAW'' and throw in a line where you lose a pawn and the exchange to the very SIMPLEST of knight forks and I have to ask:

Do you even look at the GOD DAMNED DIAGRAMS when you make your iq devouring posts or do you assume that chess is so incredibly easy that talentless twerps like you can put absolutely no effort and analyse better than people with hundreds and hundreds of rating above you? (seriously dude, he is 2200. This is the exact same as a 800 rated person arguing to you that his position is fine when you show him a position where you're three queens up. You'd say what we are all thinking to you now:)

SHUT UP.

Ben_Dubuque

guys unless I am missing some amazing tactical shot (entirely possible) I am pretty sure it is only down a pawn

Helzeth

...Why are you playing hxg6? it deflects the rook from the fork

This isnt amazingly tactical, this is basics I was able to spot when I was 9 years old and had played ten chess games.

so do NOT play hxg6, play nxc7 AT THAT MOVE, forking the rook on e6 and a8.

Sheesh, feels like I'm talking to a beginner, not someone who has been playing this for years..

Helzeth

^I'm studying for finals. No sleep. Just some russian homework and berating bad players on chess.com.

Ben_Dubuque

sorry Wasn't paying attention to the number aphyxiated to the front of the move order,

sorry for the confusion.

Helzeth

Black has an incredibly exposed king, a loose piece on h6, white has two open files directing at the enemy king while black still has absolutely no counterplay.

But it looks good because the queen has to move once!
Logic.

Black is not equal here. He is far worse. There are a ton of things white can consider here to kill black while black has absolutely no counter ideas himself.

If your purpose is to refute the parham and showing that it's not dangerous then why are you currently in a line where you're losing and trying to draw after already having done multiple takebacks?

edit; actually, going for joeys idea is an instant win so I suppose that's better. But yeah. White can do pretty much any natural move and retain a winning position.

Ben_Dubuque

I was trying to prove that Gavinator's opponent blundered, and that there was a better line. I feel that a decent defence against it is below

Black wants to trade queens and get a lead in development, and white wants the same thing, so the queens are probably going to stay on that file. h6 should be played by black at some point.

Ben_Dubuque

that is funny, but I feel that that gives black something, not an attack, but it feels right, fight fire with fire.

This forum topic has been locked