Forums

i finally moved up to 1700. do not understand the closd or open sicillian theori

Sort:
thomashalbrook

hi trying to get a better grip on the sicillians especially attacking ideas for white. any help would be gratly appreciated. my rating is between 1500 and 1800

Rickett2222

Just grab a Sicilian by the balls and ask him what the best opening is you will have a good grip. 

Seriously what are you playing give us a few moves in a few openings and we might be able to help you out as this opening is still not resolved and only lines of play can be analyzed.

So what are your first say 5 moves in the opening including variations i do have a few suggestions as I recently reviewed with my grandson all of the openings and I mean all of them oup to  10 to 14 moves. So do ask a precise question or many if you wish I will try to help.

I_Am_Second

Im at USCF A player, and have no idea about pretty much any opening theory.  On the very rare occasion that i do play it.  I like the Dragon, with the exchange sac on c3.

Rickett2222

I do not want to appear to be simplistic but I do think that now is the time to invest a few hours a week on theory.

You can go to youtube and pick the openings you want by name.

You can ask your fellows from your local club what they suggest as one or 2 books at most.

Be sure to look at the book before you buy online if you buy a book whihout looking at it you will likely waste your money. So no I not not have any book to suggest to you.