17899 Players currently online!
Man vs. Machine - good luck!
Turn-based games at any time!
Vote for the best move to win!
Do you have what it takes?
Backgammon, Yatzy, and more!
Sharpen your tactical vision!
Get advice and game insights!
Learn from top players & pros!
View millions of master games!
Your virtual chess coach!
Perfect your opening moves!
Test your skills vs. computer!
Find the right private coach!
Can you solve it each day?
Bring it all together!
Beginners, start here!
Make friends & play team games!
News from the world of chess!
Search all Chess.com members!
Find local clubs & events!
Who's the best of your friends?
Read what members are saying!
LEARNING THE KING'S INDIAN DEFENSE
I wanted to learn how to play the King’s Indian Defense, but I realized a few things…
· If I were to post a forum topic somewhere on this website asking for opinions on the KID, I would probably get a rough assortment of advice from lots of different people, eventually a flame war would break out, and that would be the end of it.
· I could read a book on the King’s Indian Defense, but once I’m out of book, now what?
· I could watch grandmaster videos and dvd’s on the KID, but if I had any questions, I can’t ask them and expect to get an answer.
· I could play a whole lot of individual games in the KID and do the best I can, but I could also be making the same mistakes over and over again without ever knowing it.
· I could hire a coach to answer all my questions all the time, but that would get quite expensive.
· OrI could just hang out with people who know about the King’s Indian and we could all compare what we have learned. But even that discussion would probably not last very long or answer the questions that are likely to come up in the future.
So, the solution? Team Vote Chess. It's convenient, it’s informative, and it works. Our opponents provide us with the questions and together we strive to find the answers. Two minds are greater than one. Each game is a classroom. We are not competing with each other. We’re cooperating. In many cases the voting is not much more than a formality anyway, except when we have more than one good idea and can't agree which way to go. Then it's an actual election and the votes decide. Voting is not nearly as important as the discussion.
Our group (and other groups dedicated to specific openings) exists for the sole purpose of learning, studying, and teaching that particular opening. We are not playing team Vote Chess to prove we are the best team (although we might be). We are not doing this to prove the King’s Indian Defense is the best opening (although it might be). We play team Vote Chess because it provides us with the opportunity to learn, study, and teach the King’s Indian Defense.
Dude i will join you. I am learning the KID for both sides and looking for a study buddy. Add me
Here is one of my games in a OTB toureny. I was black and i was able to beat a 2180 with the KID!
Fantastic job! You're in.
Very nice game post Rxc3 was a nice move there at the end to get the mating pattern
by C-C-Coalback 8 minutes ago
Yo someone up for some games?
by Pulpofeira 10 minutes ago
How do you come off vacation?
by Conflagration_Planet 10 minutes ago
Why play the Modern ...Qd6 Scandinavian?
by pfren 30 minutes ago
Fritz 15 coming in november
by stolowski 32 minutes ago
by Ankit_Upadhyay 40 minutes ago
by scjoseph 52 minutes ago
Which Anti-Sicilian to choose?
by SmyslovFan 56 minutes ago
by skotheim2 57 minutes ago
who is the best kings indian defense player ever?
by miniz 65 minutes ago
Why Join | Chess Topics |
Help & Support |
© 2015 Chess.com
• Chess - English
We are working hard to make Chess.com available in over 70 languages. Check back over the year as we develop the technology to add more, and we will try our best to notify you when your language is ready for translating!