Forums

parham attack

Sort:
Ben_Dubuque

Ok try this variation for white

gambiteer12
joeydvivre wrote:

Then Black plays ..d5 and wins.

How exactly does d5 refute the bishops gambit?

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
Ben_Dubuque

d5 does not refute the gambit, it just gives white a lot more for the pawn he sacced, take with the bishop and get the game over with

Ben_Dubuque

No Trust me the asians kill thier students with Homework and extra curriculars, its like they are trying to get the Chess Grandmaster Nuclear Physisist, Well read Futbol Letterman all in one, who happens to be a concert piannist

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
Ben_Dubuque

listen I have a block schedual, and I swear my teachers are evil, I had one who decided for the first test this year to give us 250 question test on the summer reading (sad part is it wasn't even English) that had to be done in 90 minutes, I was done in 45 and I hadn't even read the book or spark noted it, and I made like a 90 or some crap like that, then my Chem teacher tried to blow my hand off (Ca + H20 = Ca02 +H2, H2 + fire = Boom) however I left the boom out of my mind and well that didn't work out to well.

The_Gavinator

Yeah but you only have 3 classes a day, I have 8.

Ben_Dubuque

It sucks to a degree, like instead of 30 or fourty math thingamajigs to do a night we have 90 or so and instead of just barely finishing a book a quarter, try 5 or 6, the only good thing is history we actually got somewhere, like try Teddy Roosavelt somewhere

waffllemaster

So... you're saying you had a 250 question test written in a language that's, I'm assuming, other than your native tongue, and over material that you hadn't read or studied.  You say you finished this test in half the allotted time and made an A.

You use this experience to support the idea that your teacher is evil / your classes are hard?  Because it seems to illustrate the exact opposite.

The_Gavinator

yeah but you have two days to do it, you have 6 classes, but 3 a day. I gotta do 8 every day, so I could have 8 classes of homework to do, due the next day. You got it easy buddy.

Ben_Dubuque

well considering my teacher gave most of the class an extra 90 minute session because I was the only won finished after the first day and I was the only one who made an A I was quite happy. any way I meant the class, it was in English thankfully. but the class was some crap like Pshyc or something

waffllemaster

Well, it should be obvious that the number of classes doesn't matter much, it's how hard they are.  1 class can be harder than 5 combined classes.

Besides, it shouldn't be about what material you have to know for a test and what letter grade you get.  It's about how much you can learn.  Not cram and forget a month later, but actually learn.  If the class is easy, you can do extra on the side.  That's what makes you a successful student.

waffllemaster
jetfighter13 wrote:

well considering my teacher gave most of the class an extra 90 minute session because I was the only won finished after the first day and I was the only one who made an A I was quite happy. any way I meant the class, it was in English thankfully. but the class was some crap like Pshyc or something

Well, again, if the only one who made an A didn't read the material the test was over, that says more about the other students than the difficulty of the class.

Ben_Dubuque

I agree, but did you see what my chem teacher did

The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
The_Gavinator
[COMMENT DELETED]
Ben_Dubuque

actually if you do anything other than work fast food joints/ cashcier you will need at least Algebra, To you know, do your TAXES. but US history is fun, world history prevents us from going Nuclear, literally, and a few others which I won't go into yet

waffllemaster

I wish the HS culture wasn't "brag about how little I can get away with / complain about having to work in my classes"  I know this isn't everywhere, but just from general cultureal knoweldge I'm assuming it's the majority of high schools (united states).

Although I understand that school is forced on kids, they don't necessarily want to be there in the first place.

Heard somewhere that some asian-american culture is just as the parent goes to work and works hard to support the family, the child goes to school and works hard to benefit the family too... it's like their job and they take it seriously.  This is much more admirable.