Forums

Schara Gambit refutation?

Sort:
dcremisi

I played the Schara gambit a few days ago and i tried a new move which i had found in the game fidler- Mayer Istvan that went 1.d4 d5 2.c4 e6 3.Nc3 c5 4.cxd5 cxd4 5.dxe6 dxc3 6.exf7+ Ke7 7.fxg8N+ Rxg8 8.Bg5+ black resigns. Is there a way for black to improve this variation.

Conquistador

Simply 5...Bxe6 and develop quickly and black has an advantage.

dcremisi

sorry but i really dont see where all of this compensation for the pawn is.

dcremisi

no not qxd4 nb5 to put pressure on the pawn than e3 and if he takes than you exchange queens up a pawn.

Conquistador

6.Nb5 loses the knight.

dcremisi

Yeah i guess that it really was a myth sorry still its a good trap to set for beginers.

xiko92

Forget it. 5. Qa4+ followed by Qxd4 and white is better

AmaurosisScacchisti

Some people are willing to go through any logical contortion in order to avoid playing good openings.

dcremisi

i dont mean that it is something that i would actually play i agree that my myth was busted and i appologize for making you go through all this trouble. i will switch back to qa4 check against the schara. Again thank you for busting my myth before i lost a rated game with it. Signing off.

dcremisi

And i dont usually play terrible trappy openings  i just didnt analyse it properly. 

dcremisi

ifs not that its not playable its that white is in very bad shape by move five. Not a good recipe for success. Oh and Pfren i was talking about dxe6 not the Schara the Schara's certainly playable.