Forums

Sicilian Defence new variation?

Sort:
Nusons

Hello I just played this game against a guy rated 1457. I knew he made a mistake by moving g pawn but then I realized this could be a strong opening for white to counterplay black's sicilian defence because it adds more pressure to black squares. I would just want to hear your ideas. Thank you.
P.S. And if any of you know is there a database of this opening please tell me because I would like to explore it. 

Here's the game:

Fear_ItseIf

he was trying to play the accelerated dragon

Mainline_Novelty

Basically anything that doesn't involve an early ...g6 is ok for Black. The Bishop really is misplaced on b2 in Sicilian structures.

Nusons
Mainline_Novelty wrote:

Basically anything that doesn't involve an early ...g6 is ok for Black. The Bishop really is misplaced on b2 in Sicilian structures.

but wouldnt you want to get rid of blacks dragon bishop as soon as possible and counter play his defence on black squares? 

Mainline_Novelty

The best way to get rid of Black's Dragon Bishop tends to be with Be3, Qd2 and Bh6. If I decide to play ...d6 and ...e5, your B/b2 will in all likelyhood end up biting on granite (even if you somehow organize d2-d4, I'll ignore it)

JRTK73

Black just shouldn't play g6 though. The bishop is developed to e7 in many respectable lines of the Sicilian Defence.

Mainline_Novelty

Yep, although he can probably consider ...g6 and ...Bg7 after "Botvinniking" with ...e5

Likhit1

Resignation here was not justified at all.After e5,black has Nd5,e6,f6,exd7,Bxd7 and Black is ok.Even after Nh5 black is not lost.Resigning here is totally premature.

Nusons
Likhit1 wrote:

Resignation here was not justified at all.After e5,black has Nd5,e6,f6,exd7,Bxd7 and Black is ok.Even after Nh5 black is not lost.Resigning here is totally premature.

I suppose he just didnt want to play with me then, or didn't have time for another game. It was unrated afterall.

duck_and_cover

A simple and effective setup for black is 3...d6 4.Bb2 e5.

Consequently, 3.b3 has some popularity only after 2...e6.

atarw

as people have said before, a b2 bishop is not the best square, g5, e4, even f4 are all normal and good. 

If Black doesn't play g6, (even though it is OK), your bishop has no point. 

I would play e6 (after b3), followed by d5, Nf6, 0-0, and solid development. While your line isn't losing for White, there are much better options out there.

Nusons

Thanks for the comments guys.

DarthMusashi

This opening with the fianchetto Queen side B has been played
before. and It is called the Snyder Sicilian and it was written
by a master named Snyder. I recall also going over a game by
IM Kamran Shirazi who also played this opening.

The name of this opening has changed. Not sure what it is now.

Best Regards
DarthMusashi

Mainline_Novelty

I'm not...let's hear it!

Nusons
paulgottlieb wrote:

Robert Snyder was/is a master and was a famous and successful chess teacher. It is estimated that he introduced over 100,000 kids to chess.He also wrote a well recieved series of chess books for juniors.

Unfortunately, Snyder was also a pedophile who was arrested multiple times. He was even featured on the "America's Most Wanted" television show. He is currently serving a long prison term.

Interesting story, still quite a sick man. 

pdve

seems to be a decent idea. i might even play it. but this is a known opening. and from where i see it it seems to be similar to the nimzovich-larsen opening which i do play from time to time anyway.