Upgrade to Chess.com Premium!

Who is the greatest attacker in chess history?


  • 22 months ago · Quote · #181

    GreedyPawnGrabber

    TetsuoShima wrote:

    good joke, you are really funny. no wait you are not.

     Did you analyze it yourself?

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #182

    TetsuoShima

    GreedyPawnGrabber wrote:
    TetsuoShima wrote:

    good joke, you are really funny. no wait you are not.

     Did you analyze it yourself?

    yes it obvious he at least get the horse back.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #183

    SmyslovFan

    You have to go to a casual blitz game to find an attacking sacrifice by someone?  And you say that person was the best attacker in history based on it?

    What about all those great attacking players who attacked as part of their philosophy of chess? From the late 1960s, that would be Bent Larsen or Leonid Stein, not the American.

    The world champions who were, at their very core, attackers were Alekhin, Tal, and Kasparov.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #184

    TetsuoShima

    then i made a mistake, i thought it was an absolute correct sacrifice

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #185

    eddysallin

    SmyslovFan wrote:

    Thanks.

    Rudolph Spielmann said, "I can comprehend Alekhine's combinations well enough; but where he gets his attacking chances from and how he infuses such life into the very opening - that is beyond me."

    That is why I rate Alekhine ahead of Spielmann, Tal ahead of Nezhmetdinov, and Kasparov ahead of everyone.

    Lasker said of Alekhine...(re phasing) Of course i see the mate coming.The magic , he places pieces on the correct squares for the attack.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #186

    TetsuoShima

    eddysallin wrote:
    SmyslovFan wrote:

    Thanks.

    Rudolph Spielmann said, "I can comprehend Alekhine's combinations well enough; but where he gets his attacking chances from and how he infuses such life into the very opening - that is beyond me."

    That is why I rate Alekhine ahead of Spielmann, Tal ahead of Nezhmetdinov, and Kasparov ahead of everyone.

    Lasker said of Alekhine...(re phasing) Of course i see the mate coming.The magic , he places pieces on the correct squares for the attack.

    i believe Tal was the stronger player but Nezhmetdinovs attacks were even crazier i would believe. I think Tals sacs seem to have some method (even though its beyond me to say what)while Nezhmetdinovs attacks are beyond any logic. But its just my first half baked opinion because i havent seen enough games obviously.

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #187

    TetsuoShima

    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • 22 months ago · Quote · #188

    TetsuoShima

    by the way i dont want to start a political discussion just out of curiousity, were there other ims in soviet union who didnt have the name rashid and didnt get the GM title even though they have beaten GMs regurlarly??

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #189

    SmyslovFan

    Yes, in fact a large number of really strong players left the Soviet Union and became titled players in Europe and the US in the early 1990s. 

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #190

    TetsuoShima

    SmyslovFan wrote:

    Yes, in fact a large number of really strong players left the Soviet Union and became titled players in Europe and the US in the early 1990s. 

    thank you very much

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #191

    Delissen

    Morpy - Tal - Fischer - Kasparov

  • 22 months ago · Quote · #192

    nameno1had

    GreedyPawnGrabber wrote:

    I have doubts about the soundness of the sacrifice. Larsen should have won had it not been blitz.

    Attacking in blitz to make your opponent think, so you can think on his time is quite often is part of a sound sacrifice.

  • 19 months ago · Quote · #193

    IroncladFist

    I'd go with Nezhmetdinov, in the matches he plays with Tal, he comes out on top. Another great tactician I think should be mentioned is Veselin Topalov :D


Back to Top

Post your reply: